Chapter Twenty One - Alena's P.O.V

I twisted the shower dial to the perfect temperature, and began to rid of my clothes. After brushing my hair and removing my makeup, enough time had passed for the water to eat up, and I stepped in.

Dinner was fantastic. I love my fiancé, I love my friends. I couldn't ask for better food or better company.

But even still, something felt wrong. I felt wrong.

The water ran down my back, somewhat helping me relax, but only for a moment. Quickly, I broke down and began to cry. I kept myself quiet, knowing Derrick was in our room and would very easily hear me. I just couldn't hold it in any longer.

I closed my eyes and wrapped my arms around myself tightly. I was all alone in this one. That's just how it had to be.

Soon enough, I ran out of tears and got out of the shower. As I moisturized my skin, I heard my phone buzz on the counter.

"I'm sorry, I know I probably shouldn't be contacting you right now, but I cannot stop thinking about you." — A new iMessage from Tyler. My heart sunk into my stomach.

I could not respond. I couldn't. Tyler was right, he shouldn't be contacting me, it was beyond inappropriate.

But still, a small voice inside of me urged me to respond. All day, I could not get my mind off of everything that happened. I wanted to tell him that I was in the same boat, but I couldn't. I just couldn't.

No matter how many times I told myself not to, that voice wouldn't go away. So, I did.

"I can't stop thinking about you either"

My heart was pounding out of my chest. I should not be talking to him. My fiancé is in the next room, and I love him.

Before Tyler could respond, I shut off my phone and continued getting ready for bed. When I walked back into our room, Derrick was already cozy and under the covers.

"Baby, come here!" His begging was muffled by the covers bunched up by his face. I was putting pajamas on, dropping my bathrobe to the floor just as I put on underwear and some sleep shorts. "Oh sweet heart don't bother, you don't need any of that stuff." I reached for an oversized t-shirt as the final words left his lips.

"I'm sorry baby, if it was any other night you know I would, but we really shouldn't. I just don't feel right about doing any funny business while having Jess and Liz right down the hall." Well, that was one reason why I wasn't up for it tonight. As I declined his suggestion, I pulled my shirt over my head and climbed under the covers next to him. He quickly pulled me in towards him and turned his body to face me.

"Like they don't know what we do." Derrick's breath was hot against my neck as he spoke, leaving kisses there. Shivers went down my spine.

"Ugh, baby... we can't... please don't make this any harder." My voice was soft as I tried to sound in control of myself. Derrick's kisses continued, soft and warm. He slowly moved up my neck and kissed my lips.

"Okay, no funny business." He sighed as we parted momentarily. I kissed him again before thanking him for understanding. "I think I'm getting some mixed feelings here!" He pouted once again.

"Just because we can't have sex doesn't mean I can't kiss those beautiful lips of yours!" I lightly smacked his chest with the back of my hand and he laughed, quickly pulling me back in and continuing to laugh and smile into our kisses. This was exactly what I needed. Everything else felt so far away, all that I want is right here in front of me.

Tyler's P.O.V

Still no response. I sat here staring at her response on my screen, "I can't stop thinking about you either"

"What's got you up?" Josh asked as he walked back to the bunks where I was lying.

"Nothing new," I sighed. It was the truth. For the past two nights I've lied awake thinking of her. Thinking of everything that happened. Wanting it back again.

"If you want to talk about it, I'm here." I appreciated the thought for sure, but I really didn't want to talk about her. I just want to talk to her. "It was a great show tonight." Josh commented, as he crawled into his bunk.

"It was." He was right, but something about tonight did feel different. Although, whatever it was, it definitely wasn't anything wrong with the performance. Something just felt off, my energy was different.

"Don't beat yourself up, man. Get some rest." Josh assured me, as if he read my mind. I tried to take his advice, but something inside just kept me awake. For hours, I stared at those words, burning into my eyes and my heart. "I can't stop thinking about you either"

At least I'm not alone in this.

Or,  maybe I am after all.

AUTHOR'S NOTE: sorry the ending of this chapter is kinda crummy and this was really short but good things are coming I promise

hope you're enjoying! vote/comment& stay alive frens