Chapter One

THE LINK TO THE TRAILER IS RIGHT HERE AND I SUGGEST YOU WATCH IT FIRST FOR MORE INFO ON THIS STORY!!!! http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=05DFprGLcp0

If the link doesn't work just type in Closer Than Strangers//Carl Grimes Fanfiction and go to videos and it'll be the first one

_________________________

It's hard to believe that everything is real. It's hard for any emotion besides fear to exist. Everyday all you do is watch your back and hope you and your family are safe at the moment. Well, mine never was. Luckily my father died before the outbreak occurred so he didn't see the world how it is now, a zombie apocalypse. That's right the dead have risen and now want your neighbors brains. Totally joking, they'll try to eat anything that involves live flesh. My sister died when it first happened. Damn things roamed the street and she seen our neighbor getting chased and what did she do? She ran outside and tried to help her. Thing got her before she could even reach the street. It was just me and my mom until about a year ago. We were setting up camp near the woods and she said "Adalyn Grace you stay safe now you hear." Looked me straight in the eyes, said "I'll be right back I have to take care of something." I never knew what it was but I'm older and smarter now. She killed herself. Not with a gun, not jumping off a bridge. She just let them get her, because my real mom died a long time ago. It was just me now. Which I like. Even though all my family is gone I don't have to worry about them getting hurt or being unsafe, they're suffering is over, and all I look out for is myself. Nobody else. I don't need anyone to take care of me or protect me.

_______________________

"Shit" I whispered to myself as I peared around the corner of the pharmacy to see walker's right in front of the entrance. "Just my luck, thank you jesus christ." I rolled my eyes to the sky as if I was really talking to him. I sigh and pear once more. I squat down picking up a rock. I throw it in the opposite direction which cause them to follow the noise. "Dumbasses" I say with a smirk. I enter the pharmacy and get the usual things I get. Medicine, shampoo and conditioner, and pads. Yeah as if dead people trying to rip and eat your face off wasn't enough we still had periods. I usually take baths in creeks or any kind of water I can find because I don't want to smell like shit I mean come on. After I got all the things I need I walked out, but I saw something weird. I saw a shadow or a person I don't know but something dashed across the street. I stood for a minute thinking. I heard a walker behind me breaking my thought.

"Oh my god shut the hell up!" I said turning around and punching it right in the face. It fell over and I followed the figure. My blood and dirt stained converses took me pretty far but I lost the figure pretty fast. Whatever it was it could run. I bent over placing my hands on my knees and taking a breather.

"I should have took PE my sophomore year." I said holding my side. After I regained some stamina I began walking again. I never knew where I was going but I really never went out of that town considering that was literally like the least ransacked place, there was so much supplies I could get there. Thinking of that made me very suspicious of the figure I seen earlier. What if someone was here, that's less supplies for me. Like bitches need to find their own town jeez. I brushed it off and continued walking. I looked behind me for a few seconds just to watch my back and as soon as I turned forward my foot got caught in a trap. I fell to the ground and screamed in pain.

"Fucking bullshit!" I yell trying to get the trap off. That's when I heard it. The moans and groans of the dead. I turned around and saw a herd of zombies coming my way.

"SHIT FUCK SHIT DAMN!" I yell struggling even more. It was no use I grabbed my pistol out of my holster and shot down as many as I could. Reloading when needed. I heard a click and all the sudden a boy was in front of me and my foot was free. He reached his hand out for me to take it.