Chapter 11: Rough Landing

CARL'S POV

"Can I talk to you?" I said pulling on Leslie's arm. Fear filled her eyes and I sighed.

"Please." She nodded and let me lead her away from the group as they reminisced together. I wasn't being a dick. I just wanted some information on why she chose MY girlfriend to kiss.

After I took her somewhere private, which ended up being the library. I turned away from her running my fingers through my long hair.

"Carl?" Her soft voice echoed.

"Why?" I said calmly.

"Why wha-" I inturrupted her.

"Leslie don't patronize me you know why what." My voice raised. Her eyes feared me once more.

I sighed. "Leslie, I'm not mad more than I am just curious." I walked closer towards her.

"I don't know why I did it." She lowered her head.

"Leslie don't bullshit your way through this conversation we're having it."

Her head shot up at me. "I'm not bullshitting my way out of it. I don't fucking know." Her voice rose.

"I got mixed feelings. I thought that i loved her. I guess I just got confused on which kind of love it was. I don't love her. At least. Not like you do." I looked her in the eyes and she smiled. Tears fell slowly down her slightly red cheeks.

"Carl, I see the way you look at her. Like she's the most beautiful thing in the world, like she's the only thing you'll ever care about. I see the way you hold her and kiss her. I've never seen love like it before. But I also know, it won't last long. Because everything that's good in the world now. Dies." Her words hurt. Like a sword had slashed open my stomach allowing my insides to spew out. I wanted to hit her. Hurt her. Kill her. But I didn't. Instead, I pushed past her to the door. And said only one thing.

"You're wrong."
_____________________________

ADALYN'S POV

"Hey, where've you been?" I ran up to Leslie almost out of breath.

"Nowhere." She replied without making any contact and proceeding with her digging.

"Nowhere? Where's that?" I crossed my arms. She glared at me from the side and dropped her shovel.

"The library." She said taking her gloves off and tossing them to the ground.

"Why were you in there?" I said and followed her as she started walking away.

"Carl wanted to talk to me. Alone."

"About what?" But she didn't reply. She made her way to the guard tower but I yanked her arm back.

"Leslie, about what?"

"About you dammit." She said and ripped her arm from my grip while climbing up the tower. I rolled my eyes and seen Carl walking out of the prison. I was making my way towards him before Carol stopped me.

"Hi, I need help with something will you help me?" She asked. I smiled and agreed.

"The water pump is backed up again I have to go unclog it, mind watching my back?" She smiled.

"Sure." I said.

"Oh my gosh, thank you so much." She led the way just outside the prison gates to a tiny wooden bridge. She retrieved the hose and untwisted it revealing mud clogging it. We set up a noisy device to distract the walkers from outside the fence. I looked around just in case some stragglers were on the move. I couldn't help but think about what Carl needed to talk to Leslie about. It obviously made Leslie bitchy. And about me? Probably something to do about that dumb fucking kiss. My thoughts were interrupted by Carol banging the hose against the wooden bridge.