Chapter 9

"Do you trust me?" Carl said.

"Yeah, yeah I trust you." I said apprehensively. I squeezed my eyes shut and jumped off the cliff. The wind blowing my hair as my body was falling through the wind. Then, he caught me.

"Ready?" He said gripping my hand tight. I smiled. "Ready." We jumped into the water below and came back to the top.

"Carl!?" I yelled as i couldn't see him anywhere. I screamed as something grabbed my foot and dragged me down. I opened my eyes to see Carl with a finger in front of his lips making a "shh" form on his lips. He smiled and grabbed my face pulling my lips to his. I smiled as we pulled away. We came back up and we laughed.

"I like you, Grimes."

"And i like you, Grace."

________________________

"Listen to me Adalyn. No matter what I want you to know that I care about you, with all my heart." Carl said brushing my hair behind my ear.

"And I care about you, Carl." I said pecking his lips. I grabbed his hand and layed my head on his shoulder. I laughed.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you- do you remember that time we jumped off that cliff into a lake together? That was the moment, I knew, that I wanted to be with you forever. Not when we had sex, or kissed, but when you actually made me laugh, and happy, and I had fun."

"Yeah, I remember." He said with a smile. He kissed my forehead.

"Let's kill these sons of bitches and go home." He said. We both stood up and got our weapons ready.

__________________________

RICK'S POV

__________________________

"Carl and Adalyn are gone, Rick, what do you want us to do?!" Maggie yells.

"Calm down, we can work this out." I said.

"They took Adalyn and qho knows the same people could've took Carl!"

"We don't know who these guys are! We don't know what we're up against!" Carol stepped in.

"Daryl can track them, we'll find em'" I tried calming them down.

"How did they know where we were!? They might be coming back right now!" Murmur filled the room.

"Hell, they might even have look outs outside now!"

"We need to prepare for war!"

"No-no-no! We don't, everyone just calm down! We need to have a calm discussion about this. My son got took, and so did Adalyn do you see me battling up for war. I said daryl can track them. Do that's what we're gonna do. Me, Daryl, and Glenn will go find them. The rest will hold up here in case they come back." I said.

"You guys barely made it back this time. I wanna go." Maggie stepped up.

"No, Maggie I can't have tha-" She cut me off.

"Adalyn is like a baby sister to me? I'm going." She said sternly. I tilted my head and nodded.

"Well let's go." I said walking out of the prison.

___________________________

ADALYN'S POV

___________________________

"I'll go first." Carl said peeking through the crack of the door, then slowly walking out. I clenched my pants as I heard grunts outside.

"Carl?" I said. The door swung open and the shadow man came through the door. I started breathing heavy and my heart was racing as he came closer and closer. He fell to the ground and blood splattered on my face as Carl hit him from behind. I let out the breath I was unknowingly holding in.