Chapter 10: Homophobia?

"Hey." I said leaning against Leslie's cell door.

"Hey." She said with a smile.

"I got shit to talk about." I said smiling hoping she'd want to hear it.

"Ooh, tell me all about it." She said excitedly sitting on her bed. I rushes to her side with a smile on my face.

"I told Carl I loved him last night."

"Aw, that's adorable. But I thought you said you weren't ready?" She said curiously.

"I wasn't. I told him the reason I didn't want to tell him I loved him was because everyone I love dies. And I didn't want him to die too. And he told me that no matter what he will always be with me. And that he was in love with me. And I realized, that the whole time I thought I wasn't ready I had the perfect guy being so fucking patient with my dumbass. And I loved him."

"I'm happy for you." A small smile appeared on her face.

"Thanks. I'm so glad I have you here for me. I wouldn't have anyone to gossip about boys to." I laughed and hugged her. I smiled before exiting her cell and running into Daryl.

"Oh sorry Daryl." I said with a chuckle. He nodded licking whatever goop was on his fingers. I made a disgusted look and replied with "Ew you're gross!" Which coincidentally sent me running away from those greasy fingers of his downstairs. He laughed as he stopped at the top of the stairs and left. I rolled my eyes. When I turned around I seen Carl walk inside the prison. I walked up to him as he sat his hat on the table.

"Hey." I said with a smile. He didn't say anything but layed his head on my shoulder. I played with his hair while asking, "What's wrong?"

"I'm so. Fucking. Tired." He said.

"Aw you poor baby." I said. "I know what will make you feel better though." I said lifting his head up. A smirk crept upon my face.

"Can I be bottom this time? Top requires too much energy." He smiled. I grabbed his hand leading him to my cell.

__________________________

Leslie's POV

I didn't want to accept it, but he was all I could think about. Carl. That's all Adalyn talked about and it's hard not to think about him 24/7 I barely got away with my life last time I talked to him but I had to explain to him, I didn't like him. I didn't think about him like that. He was in the way. I liked her. I liked Adalyn. Ever since we went to the tree out in the forest I fell for her. I was a lesbian this whole time, no one new, because of my cover ups. Like Carl. Even in this fucked up world, I still have to hide myself. Well not for long. I'm gonna tell her before it's too late, carl told her he loved her buy she didn't say it back. That's a sign. I could finally get her. Oh if I could get her.

"Hey." Adalyn said leaning against my cell door.

"Hey." I said with a smile.

"I got shit to talk about." She said smiling with her brows raised.

"Ooh, tell me all about it." I said excitedly sitting on my bed. She rushed to my side with a smile on her face.

"I told Carl I loved him last night." My heart dropped. My chance was shattered as the words smacked me across the face. I had no words, I loved her, but she loved him.

"Aw, that's adorable. But I thought you said you weren't ready?" I faked curiosity when in reality i wanted to die.

"I wasn't. I told him the reason I didn't want to tell him I loved him was because everyone I love dies. And I didn't want him to die too. And he told me that no matter what he will always be with me. And that he was in love with me. And I realized, that the whole time I thought I wasn't ready I had the perfect guy being so fucking patient with my dumbass. And I loved him."