Thirty

November 7th

Today is the day we have scouts at our softball game, I know people from Georgia, Florida and Louisiana. I'm hoping to get a scholarship to LSU in Louisiana. Also this game decides if we go on to the championship. Tonight is homecoming too, Mack is coming over to get ready with me.
"Ready?" Tucker asked
"Yeah" I smiled and we got in his car this time.

We pulled up to the field, I was really nervous and exited to play.  I'm hoping I get noticed by LSU.
"You'll do great Jackie" Tucker said pulling me to his chest.
"I love you" he whispered in my ear
"And I love you" I Smiled up at him
"Now give me a kiss" he said in a deep voice and puckered his lips out.
I chuckled and pecked his lips, when I pulled away he pecked me on the lips repeatedly making me smile.
"Now let's see that ass out there win" he smirked and grabbed my butt,
"Hey no booty now" I warned
"So later" he wiggled his eyebrows.
"Maybe if we win" I whispered in his ear and lightly kissed his jawline.

I felt him him freeze in shock, I pulled away smirking and right before I walked away I winked at him. I went in the dug out and watched him, he finally realized he was just standing there and coughed acting like nothing happened. The game started and I started out catching. Chase, Alex, Zach, Tucker, Ethan, Mack, Eric, James, Austin, Luke and whatever girl Chase brought were all in the stands.

Our pitcher Sadie got the first three batters out right away so the first inning went by fast.
"You're up first Jackie" our coach said
I walked up to the batters box, the first pitch was a ball, on the second pitch I swung and I got to second base. Next up was Emily, she hit a single so I got to third but when the they were throwing the ball to second they missed and I ran home.

--

It's the last inning, 2 outs, bases loaded and we're down by 2. I was up to bat, the thing about this situation is you don't want to be the last out of the game and let your team down. I put on my helmet and grabbed my bat walking to the batters box for the 5th and final time tonight I couldn't be more nervous. After my double the first time I started to down grade. I got struck out the last 2 times and hit a single.
"You got this Jackie" I heard Tucker yelled. I mentally smiled and got a sign from the coach, I nodded and got into position.

The first pitch was a strike,
"You saw it, now hit it"  Someone in the dugout said,
"Hit a Homer hot mama" bet you can't guess who that was. James.
The next two pitches were a ball. I saw the ball coming in perfect, I swung and heard the crack of the bat, dropping my bet I ran to first.
"Keep going!"
I ran to second, then third I took my chance and started home, the catcher had the ball so I ran back. It was a pickle, it went back and forth before I ran, when I slid into home I felt a glove tag me on the leg. I closed my eyes waiting for the umps call.
"Safe!"

People started cheering in the crowd and my team came out of the dugout, I was still on the ground. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding and laid my head down, my team came out cheering.
Sarah and Callie our second baseman helped me up and hugged me.
"You did it Jackie!" Sarah said and jumped on my back. After a picture Tucker ran up to me lifting me up and spinning me around, then putting me down.
"I told you, you'd do great Babe" he said kissing me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and his were around my waist, we pulled away after a minute.

"So about earlier" he smirked
"We'll see" I winked as my coach called me over.
"Jackie this is Mr. Walters, he's here from LSU" she told me
"Nice to meet you sir" I shook his hand
"You too Jackie, I've heard a lot about you over at LSU, quite the ball player I must say"
"Thank you Sir"
"Well I'll get straight to the point, we'd like to offer you a full year scholarship to LSU"
"Really!?" I asked
"Yes"
"Thank you so much" I shook his hand once again.
"We hope to see you soon Jackie" he said and left.

I walked back over to Tucker,
"So?" He asked
"They want to offer me a full year scholarship to LSU" I smiled
"That's amazing" he exclaimed
"I know" I smiled
"You don't know how proud of you I am" he smiled
I hugged him till all the others came over to me congratulating me.
"Told you Hot Mama" James winked and hugged me.
"Good job J" Alex said crushing me into a hug.
"Thanks"

"Well sorry to break it to all of you we have to go get ready for homecoming so excuse us" Mack said dragging me a long.
"No my babe" Tucker fake cried
"Hang on Mack"
I went up to Tucker and pecked him on the lips then walking back to Mack. I heard him huff as we headed to Mack's car, then off to my house to get ready for homecoming that's starting in 2 hours.
"I'm gonna make you look hot" Mack said and drove to my house.
_____________________