Thirty-Five

(4 years later)

"I've got to go I promise I'll be back in an hour" Tucker said as he walked out the door. I nodded and laid back down in the bed. In the last 4 years we moved to Louisiana, finished college at LSU, moved into a small house and now we have great jobs. Life's good at 21.

It was now 10:30 in the morning so I got up and got breakfast, I made a bowl of cereal and sat down to eat. For the next hour I just laid on the couch and watched tv. Soon the door was opened and Tucker walked in, he took off his shoes and laid next to me.
"Hey" he said and kissed my forehead
"Hi" I smiled
"So I was thinking, we should go out tonight on a date"
"Okay, where too"
"I'll handle that" he smiled

For the rest of the day we stayed on the couch and watched tv, by the time it was 5 we got ready.
"Put on a swim suit" he told me as I was changing
I changed into a teal and black bikini, and black shorts and a crop top to cover up. I put my hair in a side braid and walked out of our bedroom to find Tucker.
I found him sitting on the couch on his phone, when I stepped off the last stair he turned and looked at me smiling.
"Ready to go?" He asked
I nodded and he got up grabbing my hand. We got in his car and took off.

--

"Okay close your eyes" he smiled
"Fine but if I freaking fall. I swear boy"
"You'll be fine" he led me out of the car and to this mystery destination.

"Open" he said
I opened my eyes to be met with the beach, I smiled and turned to face Tucker.
"I hope you like walks on the beach" he smiled and pecked my lips
"Love them"
We put our shoes in his car and he pulled me along with him to the sand.
"Wanna swim" he smirked
"It's cold though"
"Well to bad"
He through me over his shoulder and ran towards the water, soon I was dropped into the freezing cold water that caused me to yelp.

"You're so mean" I said when I came up from under the water
"But you love me anyways" he replied wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me closer.
"Sadly" I sighed
"Hey! That's mean" he gasped
"Sorry. I love you" I smiled
"I love you too" he pecked my lips and we got out of the water.
We went to his car and got the towels he brought and dried off.
"Let's take a walk" he grabbed my hand and we walked along the shore line

After an hour he stopped walking,
"Something wrong?" I asked him
"No" he smiled "But I need to show you something"
He grabbed my hand and led me to another part of the beach.
When we stopped I was faced  with a white gazebo, it had Christmas lights hung all around it.
"Come on"
We walked up and there was a speaker with his phone connected to it playing music.
"Dance with me"
"Okay"

I wrapped my arms around his neck and he wrapped his around my waist and we swayed to the music.
All of a sudden he spun me around, when I turned to face him again he was on one knee and held a little black box with a ring in it.
"Jackie Carmen Phillips, I've known you for 6 years now and I have no idea where I'd be without you in my life. I probably sound like a girl saying that but I don't care. I remember when I first talked to you"

Flashback

"What's a pretty lady like you doing here" a baseball player that had dark brown hair, brown eyes and was easily 6 foot.

I just looked at him with a small glare.

"Awe cat got your tongue because of my sexiness" he smirked

"Oh god no" I said laughing

"Hey it's not that funny" he said pouting like a little kid

"Yes it is, to me at least"

"Whatever, I'm Tucker by the way"

"Jackie some people call me Jc"

"Well I'm gonna call you Jackie because I like that name"

"Ok then"

"So Jackie what are you doing tomorrow night" he asked

"Well I'm probably gonna go to batting cages and show people how it's done"

"Well do you mind if I join you"

"If you please to get showed up by a girl, go ahead"

"Well then I'll see you there Jackie"
He walked to the locker room and 2 minutes later Chase came out

FB over

"I most likely sounded really cocky then, but I didn't know how to talk to you and that's what I turned to was cockiness.
What I'm trying to say her is Jackie I love you so much that I can't even tell you how much I love you.
Will you marry me?"

I looked at Tucker, he had a nervous smile on his face, I wiped a tear that had fell.
"Yes" I smiled
He stood up, slipped the ring on my finger and kissed me passionately.
I pulled away and our foreheads rested against each other, his hand was on my cheek that rubbed small circles.
"Let's head back to the house" he spoke
We got in the car and headed back.

For the rest of the night we laid in bed watching movies and cuddling. Soon sleep was taking over, I closed my eyes and fell asleep.
__________________________