"Surprise Visit"

After a great weekend with her family, it was time for Ebony to go back to school. Of course she dreaded going to school; who would like to be faced with constant bullying and taunting? Ebony stood outside, waiting for the yellow school bus to come pick her up.

Today Ebony decided to wear a orange silk ruffled tank top with a pair of dark high waisted jeans. On her feet was a pair of orange Michael Kor flip flops. Apryl got up this morning and did Ebony hair and make-up. Her face was flawlessly beat, a glowing natural look. Apryl flat ironed her hair, the black,silky hair hitting the middle of her back. Ebony had to admit she looked and felt good.

Ebony felt good looking at least normal for once. From before, she looked a little weird and out of place. Now, following the new trends, she looked like she fit in with the other kids. If they still continued to pick on her, then, she felt, there was something terribly wrong with her.

The bus finally pulled up. Ebony smiled, flashing her pearly whites. She climbed onto the bus and sat in the first seat. Ebony never dared to sit in the back of the bus. That's where all the bullies were at.

She grabbed her iPod out of her pocket and plugged her earbuds in. Turning the music on, Ebony escaped into her own creative music world until they reached her school.

Ebony never ate breakfast and never had anyone to eat with, so she sat out in the courtyard. Kids around her walked around and talked, catching up about everything that happened during the weekend.

"Girl, yes. He fucked me and then when he was done, his cousin came in the room. I couldn't even decide who was better. That don't make me a hoe, does it? I mean, a girl has needs too." Ebony overheard one girl say. The girl was dark skin. She had her hair styled in a purple wig with bright orange make-up.

Ebony personally thought the make-up didn't fit her dark skin, but she knew she couldn't judge. She was dark, too.

"No. One time I fucked two brothers. If the dick is bomb, you gon' wanna trace through the family and see that 'good dick' bloodline. I wonder if they daddy packing like that or not." The girl's companion said. This female was of a light brown complexion. She was excessively overweight and held a newborn in her arms, swaddled in a pink blanket.

The girls caught Ebony looking at them. Ebony looked away, feeling initimated by their glares. She looked down at her feet, ashamed.

"Oooh, excuse me. You in the orange shirt." The dark skin girl called out. Ebony looked up at her.

"You a pretty hoe." The light skin girl complimented. Ebony smiled, feeling uncomfortable being called such a deterogative word. Before she could respond, the bell rang. Ebony sighed and got up, walking to her class.

Ebony's first class was Analytics, the same class she had with her bully Gloria and her ghetto sidekick. Ebony prayed to God Gloria would lay off of her today and let her be great. She wondered how someone couldn't get tired of being so spiteful all the time.

Students began to file into their seats. The guy that used to sit next to Ebony was now sitting closer to Gloria's seat. Ebony sighed in confusion. Did he really let a washed-up, filthy hoe make decisions for him?

ShaTeQua smacked on a piece of gum as she strutted into the classroom. Today she wore a pink halter top, black shorts, and pink high heels. Her hair was still styled in the long, side ponytail.

"Heyyy, everybody. How y'all doing?" She announced, greeting the class. Everyone continued with their duties, leaving ShaTeQua without a response. She sucked her teeth.

"Man, forget y'all too then. Shit." She replied grumply. She sat in her seat and applied a coat of strawberry lipgloss to her lips. Out of the corner of her eyes, she saw a small group of boys watching her. ShaTeQua gave them a stank look.