Give Me a Chance

The next day, Ebony sat at lunch sitting by herself. Today, she was eating a turkey cold cut Parish made for her. She was tired of eating the disgusting school food, so she decided to start packing her own.

She sat quickly, observing her surroundings. The school had a different feel in the atmosphere. Prom season was slowly approaching. People were starting to ask each other to prom and making plans on what was going to happen on that particular night.

Of course Ebony wasn't going to go. Prom was a social event. She didn't really know people from her school. It wasn't like she had friends. Plus, she'd rather lay in bed watching A Different World reruns eating mint chocolate ice cream.

She took the last bite of her sandwich as she washed it down with Lipton Peach Iced tea. She dug into her bag to grab her fruit cup when she felt someone watching her.

Dylan sat a table across the cafeteria. He sat with another guy Ebony barely recognized. Dylan flashed Ebony a friendly grin and waved. Ebony smiled bashfully and returned a small wave.

Ebony couldn't necessary say she grew feelings for Dylan. She barely knew him. Although, she had to admit that he was attractive. Ebony still wasn't sure of Dylan's true intentions. She was a bully victim, and he could possibly be pretending to be interested in her in hopes of embarrassing her.

Ebony was confident in her dark tone no doubt, but she really wondered if a guy would find her attractive. Who would truly appreciate her skin tone and won't ridicule her for it. Who appreciates her big lips and kinky hair. Someone who would make her truly feel secure. Most guys her age wanted meaningless sex.

Dylan threw his lunch tray in the trash and walked up to Ebony's lunch table. He sat in the seat across from her. He felt his heart beat faster when he looked into her beautiful brown eyes.

"Hey." He greeted.

"Hi." Ebony replied.

"How you doing? It's been a while since we last spoke."

"We just spoke yesterday." Ebony said.

"I know. That's too long for me." Ebony chuckled. Is he really trying to run game on me, she asked herself.

"Real cute, but let's keep it 100. Why do you even bother? Why do you keep coming around? Honestly."

Dylan was taken aback by her bluntless. "So I can't be nice to someone and attempt to establish a friendship?"

"Yeah, but why you care so much? I'm a nobody here. I'm an outcast. I don't even think I belong here."

"Well, that explains why you stand out so much to me." Dylan complimented.

"I'm sorry, but these Mack Daddy lines you tryna spit isn't working for me at all. I'm not here for it and quite frankly, I'm not interested in it." Ebony spat, standing up from the table.

"Wait. Don't leave. Please. Let me get to know you. That's all. Give me a chance. At least 5 minutes. Please. Don't make me beg." Dylan pleaded. Ebony pouted. She couldn't say no. It would make her feel bad. It would make her seem like a bitch.

"Okay, fine. I'll stay." Ebony huffed. Dylan flashed a smile.

"Great. Now let's have a real conversation."

This chapter is drier than KFC biscuits, but what I had originally planned for this chapter didn't flow with what I ACTUALLY typed, so I wanted this chapter to set the stage for what's soon going to happen. Plus, I feel like I don't update enough so Merry Early Christmas 😂😂

I'll try to make these next few chapters interesting and allat, but my original plans for the book shifted so please bare with me.