Restore the Love

I hope you guys read the last update. If not, go read it before you continue on. Let's continue the positivity until this book ends. Don't stop supporting this book. I am still here. Since school is coming to a close, I plan to try to upload more often.

For a quick restoration of the last story update, then this is when Ebony realizes that she needs to amend relationships with the people closest to her. You're welcome. Excuse any errors. 

Change had to happen. Work needed to be done. Ebony knew that her family was never perfect, but things were a lot better than the current situation. Her mother, cousin and aunt was all she had left. She wanted to make things right between everyone before someone else passed away. 

The relationship between Tameka and Parish needed to be mended. They lost both of their parents. They had children of their own and both had to fill the shoes of the matriarch. Without the two seeing eye to eye, the already small family foundation will completely crumble. 

Things between Ebony and Apryl were always good. They grew up around each other, and since they don't have any siblings, they looked at each other as sisters. They influenced and uplifted each other. The love was always there. 

Ebony knew Apryl was slighty pissed at her mother, but she couldn't take the animosity anymore. They needed to fix their failing bond before it diminished. Plus, Apryl was carrying the only male of the family, so this was extremely important. 

It was an emergency. 

One morning, Ebony called for the entire family to sit down and talk. To her surprise, everyone complied. It threw her off guard, but she felt like it was a start to a new beginning. They tried once before, but she was determined to make things work this time around. 

Everyone met at the dining room table, gathered around in silence waiting for the first person to speak. There was a long moment of awkward silence until Ebony broke the ice. She figured that since it was her request to gather everyone that she start the conversation. 

"Well, I want to thank everyone for agreeing to meet. This is very necessary and important. First of all, I would just like to comment on why I decided to have this meeting. It's not healthy for the family. We are all we have left, literally. We need each other. The support system needs to be there. It's really been taking a toll on me considering all of the other things I have going on in my life. 

This entire situation made me realize how I can't seem to appreciate all of the good things in my life. I'm so surrounded and distracted by all of the drama going on. I don't want to take people and their feelings for granted. I want to have a clear and concise piece of mind. So, starting here and listen to each other speak about our issues is a great start." 

Apryl took a deep breath before she began to speak. 

"I agree with you. I do miss my family. You guys are all that I have. And with me being pregnant and all, it's not safe for me to be stressed. It's already bad enough that I don't have the full support of my child's father. I know that you guys would never turn your backs on me, so I just want to apologize on my behalf. I was wrong for blowing up." She glanced at Parish. 

"Mom, I am sorry for my attitude. I love you. You mean the world to me. You're the best thing that has ever happened to me. Without you, I wouldn't be the woman I am today. Thank you for supporting me through everything. I know Auntie Meka, Eb and Granny helped out, but you were that driving force behind everything I did. And the fact that in return, I gave you my ass to kiss is completely disrespectful. I'm sorry." 

The room soon grew quiet again as everyone soaked in the venting session. Ebony hoped everything would continue to run smoothly. 

"I was wrong, too. I did some things that I am not proud of,and I apologize for dragging my family into the middle of it. I regret those months that I missed out on spending time with you guys. I love you all. I know Mama would not be happy with what she saw from me. 

Apryl, my precious daughter, I am sorry for how I treated you. I should've been there to support you. I want to be there for you and my grandbaby. I don't want to miss out on anything in you guys' life. It's sad how that bastard doesn't want to fully commit to his child and soon family, but I am here for you. Forever and always. Anything you guys need, I will get for you. I don't want anyone mistreating you guys. 

Tameka, my biggest apology goes to you. You are my big sister. You've been there every step of the way. No matter how much we argue, fuss or fight, we remain blood and the love stays. I should be there supporting you and helping you out. We are all we have. Mama's not here anymore, so I should've played my part and helped you out. It was selfish of me to act out during such a difficult time. I couldn't imagine how that made you feel. I'm sorry and I love you. 

Ebony, I apologize for making you suffer while I go through my episodes. My sweet niece, I love you. Always kind, gentle and caring. Someone like you should never have to witness such irrational behavior, so I am sorry. I love you." Parish admitted. 

"I will woman up and admit that I have become a bit difficult as well. So many close people lost their lives, which took a toll on my personality and mental health. However, that is not an excuse. I apologize to everyone. My baby Eb, I love you so much. You're my everything. Apryl, congratulations on the baby. If you need anything, holla at me. 

Parish, I'm sorry too. I should've considered your feelings too when Mama died. She wasn't just my mother, so it was selfish to make it all about me. At a time of grieving, I should've been more supportive. I love you and I don't our relationship to spoil any longer. We need each other, and the only way to move past our differences is if we make an effort to work things out. I am willing to mend things with you. I love you." Tameka said, holding back tears. 

Suddenly, a burden lifted off of everyone's shoulders. It wasn't healthy to bottle up emotions and explode. This moment was needed. Everyone needed time to make amends and fix what was broken before it was too late.

Everyone gathered in a group hug and embraced each other. The final four is what needed to maintain the stability and restore the love. 

Update lonnnnngg overdue but whatever. Hope you guys enjoyed this. Twitter@kweenkimi  Youtube: Kween Kimi. Fwu the kid. DON'T FORGET THIS BOOK BECAUSE ANOTHER UPDATE IS COMING VERY VERY SOON!!!!!