Better Watch Your Back

Before I start, I just wanna say thank you guys for almost 60k reads. This is truly remarkable. I appreciate everyone who reads, votes and comments. I appreciate that. Also, I have just posted a new story titled "From the Soul" that I want you guys to be on the lookout for. Please show some support. Thanks. 

Ebony and Dylan's friendship definitely flourished. They spend a lot of time together. They go to the movies over the weekend occasionally. They even Facetime each other often. As much as Ebony didn't want to admit, she secretly gained feelings with Dylan. Their relationship was strictly friendly, but it was obvious that there's some secret bond within the two. 

Ebony was still, however, unsure about dating. She remembered what Apryl told her about guys. She definitely didn't want to end up like that. At first, Apryl's ex was portraying all of these actions of such a perfect guy, and eventually his true colors began to show. Dylan was a sweet guy no doubt, but Ebony was still unsure of his true intentions. 

Even individuals at school noticed the two increased time together. Others would often ask if the pair was a couple. Others even complimented how the two would be a beautiful match together. It was quite refreshing to not receive negative backlash. It made Ebony feel better about herself. She always thought her skin complexion would made her look odd, especially compared to Dylan who was of a lighter complexion. She then realized that it simply didn't matter. Love shouldn't be determined by skin color. 

Prom was coming up, and Ebony still wasn't sure if she would go. She wasn't fond of dancing, and her in heels was a recipe for disaster. Finding make-up that fit her chocolate complexion would be a little difficult. Plus, she didn't have a for sure date. 

Ebony sat in first period, taking notes. Now that she didn't have the bullying going on anymore, she could focus primarily on her academics. Also, Dylan was encouraging her to do the best she could. She hadn't felt this good in forever, if she had ever before. She could feel someone staring at her, their eyes pierced onto her. The feeling was too strong to ignore. She turned her head to look at the person staring at her. 

Gloria. The look was somewhat devious. A look with rage and jealously behind it. Ebony was confused. She thought there was no problems between the two since the bullying stopped. She guessed she was wrong. 

The entire period, Gloria stared Ebony down. It was as if Ebony was the prey and Gloria was the predator. No one else noticed it either. Even Sha'Tequa was focused on the lesson, she didn't notice. A rumor around school was that Sha'Tequa went a college frat party, met a guy there and gave up the goods. However, two weeks later, she allegedly found out she had an STD. Ebony wasn't sure if the rumor was true. In high school, a whole lot of things happens, and rumor fly. Literally. 

Ebony and Dylan had no classes together, so lunch was their only social time. Ebony couldn't wait to see him. His whole vibe and laid back demeanor really gravitated Ebony to him. His eyes, his smile, his laugh, his company, him in general. She was digging him heavy, and she could no longer fight it. 

At lunch, the two sat at their usual table. Dylan had some General Tso chicken with shrimp fried rice and offered to share some with Ebony. That was another thing about him that Ebony related to. They had a lot of similarities, especially when it came to food. 

As she ate, Ebony noticed Gloria continued to watch her. She started to feel uncomfortable. What was it about her that had Gloria hating? Ebony literally don't bother anyone and people are automatically bothered. That baffled her. How could you dislike someone you barely know or talk to? It literally made no sense. 

"So, I was thinking, maybe you could come over to my house and we could watch a movie. Ya know, just hanging out." Dylan suggested. 

"Are you asking me to Netflix and chill with you?" Ebony asked, pretending to catch an attitude. 

"No. I was just asking to watch a movie and hang out."

"That's Netflix and chill."

"Shut up. You always got to be technical." Dylan teased. 

"You think you slick. Netflix and chilling leads to children. I don't have time for that." Dylan playfully punched her arm. 

"Ouch! You jerk!" Ebony screamed, punching him back. 

"Ow! That was definitely harder than what I did to you." Dylan whined. 

"Then stop doing it to me."

"You're such a bully." Dylan complained. 

"Well then. I should leave." Ebony said, scooting away from Dylan.

"Man, stop playing. Come here." Dylan replied, pulling Ebony back close to him. She secretly liked it when he did that to her. It was cute and somewhat a turn on. 

When Dylan finally had her back next to him, he pulled her into a tight hug. Ebony inhaled his cologne. Looked good and smelled good? That was definitely a turn on to Ebony. A group of girls at a nearby table "oohed" at the affection. 

"See what you doing? Putting on a show in front of all these people." Ebony commented. 

"I don't care. I want everyone to see what I got."

Meanwhile, at a table across the lunchroom, Gloria sat with a group of friends. Her friends were rambling on about this upcoming party. Gloria, on the other hand, was too distracted by Ebony and Dylan's PDA. 

"Girl, I'm trying to get with him. He fine and he got money. I mean, who wouldn't pass up the offer?" Tasha, ShaTeQua's cousin, mentioned. 

"Forget him. His cousin is finer than him. You a fool for going after him." ShaTeQua said. 

"You should get with him. Then, we could have double dates. Oh my gosh, that would be so cute! Wouldn't it, Glo?" Tasha asked. Gloria didn't hear her, her attention still fixed on the pair. 

"Glo? What are you doing?" ShaTeQua shouted. Gloria finally look towards her two friends. 

"Girl, I was too busy looking at them two over there."

"Why? Leave that poor girl alone. She ain't even did nothing to you." Tasha blurted.

"Hoe, shut up. Fuck her. I'm talking about Dylan." Gloria corrected her. 

"What's the issue with him?" ShaTeQua butted in. 

"I like him. I wanted him for the longest. I mean, look at me. I bet he couldn't resist me. He is way too fine to be dealing with her. But watch, he's gonna find out soon."

"Why you gotta be a hating ass hoe? If she's happy, she's happy. I'm pretty sure if he wanted you, he would've been with you." Tasha replied. Gloria mugged her. 

"Bitch, shut your ass up. You always ruining shit. I could pull him and your man if I wanted to." Gloria boasted. 

"Get rid of that yeast infection first." Tasha mumbled before sipping her juice. ShaTeQua burst into laughter. 

"You know what? Fuck both of you hoes. I'm too fly for you hoes. Sit back and hate while I go pull somebody else's nigga right now. Horse mouth ass hoes." Gloria shot back, rising up from the lunch table. She was determined to have Dylan. Anything she want, she got. Especially if it was someone else's boyfriend. There was no way he could resist her. Whatever the case was, she was willing to risk it. 

If Ebony knew what was good for her, Gloria would suggest she watch her back.