Love's Failures

Lunchtime came around and as usual, Ebony sat by herself. It was lonely, but she had no one to turn to. Usually, she would listen to music on her iPod, but she got it taken away in class. She looked down at her food tray.

Today's menu consisted of grey meatloaf, stale mashed potatoes, and some sort of odd vegetable. Ebony frowned. She hated eating this horrible food, so today, she won't even eat. She'll just starve.

Dylan had been waiting for the perfect time to approach Ebony. She was so gorgeous to him; similar to a chocolate goddess. He couldn't understand the mass of hate towards her. She was harmless, nice, and quiet. Just because she had dark skin didn't mean she was less than everyone else. Dylan's mother was a darkskin woman, and in his eyes, she was absolutely gorgeous too.

"Yo, Dylan, what you doing, bruh? Looking like a damn spy kid the way you keep staring at people." JaySean, Dylan's best friend, interrupted. Dylan snapped out of his trance.

"Oh,right. I was taught not to stare." Dylan said. JaySean sucked his teeth.

"You such a nerd! Getcho nerd head ass on." JaySean teased. Although the two boys were quite the opposite, they were the best of friends.

JaySean was the loud and rambunctious one. He was popular, handsome, well-known and was always the life of the party. He wasn't necessarily tall; but his thick, pink lips, beautiful brown eyes, deep dimples, light chocolate skin, and super muscular body attracted a lot of females.

Dylan, on the other hand, was quiet and intelligent. He was handsome, popular, well-known, but not too much of a people's person. He very well kept to himself, but people still knew who he was. Dylan was more of a home body, and during that time, he would bake brownies with his culinary talented mother and younger sister. He was tall with very grativiting features: thick, pink lips, light hazel eyes, gorgeous, bright teeth, very light brown skin, and football-built body. Girls flocked to Dylan and his personality, but he wasn't looking for a jump-off. He wanted a long lasting relationship.

"Can you leave me alone? Like, forreal. You always picking on me." Dylan defended.

"Awww, come on, Dyl. Stop acting like a wuss, man. And what you looking at anyway? These hoes at this school ugly as shit, but they got some nice asses and titties." JaySean commented, eyeballing a girl who walked past. Dylan rolled his eyes.

JaySean was a huge womanizer, and it irritated Dylan's soul. He thought it was disrespectful to treat women like an object. To him, they were a beautiful gift from God. Dylan was always taught to treat women with the upmost respect, thanks to his mother and grandmother.

"Hey, watch your mouth. And why you so concerned with what I'm doing?" Dylan snapped. He glanced back at Ebony. She licked her lips, and it set Dylan into overdrive. He wasn't only attracted to her, but her beauty was astonishing.

"Bruh, I know you not staring at that ugly baboon black bitch sitting over there by herself. There's hella badder bitches in this motherfucker. You wasting your time if you wanna get with her." JaySean chuckled. Not responding, Dylan continued to examine her.

He was completely amazed. It was like watching a flower bloom. Ebony was, physically, everything Dylan seeked in a female. Dylan only knew her name, but with the crush he has on her, he knows alot about her. Dylan was determined to talk to her.

Dylan stood up and walked over to Ebony's table. His stomach flopped with excitement. He never felt this way before about a girl, so he hoped his nerd tactics didn't get in the way of his plan. Plus, Ebony didn't look like the other ratchet girls at the school. At least if he approached her, there was a fair chance she would be nice to her. Just as Dylan made it to her table, the bell rang.

Dylan stood in defeat as he watched Ebony get up, grab her tray and turn to exit the cafeteria. Dylan sighed. He had to have her. If this time wouldn't be the successful move, he would only have to attempt at another time.

Ebony walked home from school, finally reunited with her iPod. The teacher seemed hesitant to return Ebony's mobile device, but he eventually gave it to her. He figured it was her only valuable thing she had.

As Ebony approached the house, she saw Apryl's car in the driveway. Filled with happiness, she dashed into the house. She ran into the living room and saw Apryl making herself a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

"Aprylllllllllll!" Ebony cheered. Apryl spun around. She looked chunkier than the last time Ebony saw her, but she still looked beautiful.

"Coco! Hey baby!" Apryl greeted. She gave her younger cousin a hug.

"I missed you. Long time no see." Ebony said. Apryl sighed.

"Yeah. I know. But, I'm back for good this time. Jeremih and I broke up." Apryl informed, a sad look storming her face.

"Awwww. What happened?"

"He cheated. He chose her over me. It was hard, but I made it through. Your mother always taught me to never cry over a man because they come a dime a dozen." Apryl said, forcing a smile. Ebony felt bad because she knew that deep down inside, Apryl was hurting.

"So, where's your stuff?" Ebony asked.

"It's already upstairs. You know, I was waiting for you to come home from school. I have been craving ice cream for the longest, and I wanted to bring my best buddy with me." Apryl suggested. Ebony's face lit up.

"That's the best thing I heard all day! Let's go." Apryl sat her peanut butter and jelly sandwich down on the counter.

"Hol up, you not gon eat that?" Ebony questioned. Apryl shrugged.

"Nope." Ebony sighed.

"Ughhh, wasting good food." She complained. The two made their way to the front door and got into Apryl's car. Once the duo pulled out of the neighborhood, Apryl plugged in her AUX cord. Come Thru Remix by Jacquees ft. Rich Homie Quan blared through the speakers. They danced and sang until they made their way to the ice cream shop.

I literally typed ALL of this in less than 15 minutes. Excuse any mistakes. I felt like this was long overdue, so I blessed y'all with an update. This book is almost at 2k! ♡ thank you to everyone who supports this book. It means alot. Alot more new things will be happening in this book, but I don't wanna shy away from the MAIN focus of this book. Anyways, thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next update.