Chapter 2

After I told Margaret bye and walked into my house, I yelled "Hi mom, I'm home!" When she didn't answer I walked into the kitchen, she said "Hi Honey!, How was your day?" "Eh" I said. "Can you do me a favor Catherine?" "Sure, what is it?" I asked. "Your sister is upset can you go talk to her?" "She's in  her room." As I walked into Callie (my sister's) room, I saw her laying on her bed crying into a pillow. I went and sat down beside her. She looked up at me with sad eyes and said "oh... H- hi". "Callie what happened?" I asked. "G-g- gregggggg" she finally said while crying. Greg and my sister had been dating for 4 months. Although, I don't see how it counts as dating since they're only in 6th grade. "Oh Callie, boys are dumb, they're jerks and you can't cry over a jerk like him." She looked up at me with serious eyes and finally stopped crying. "Were you this sad when you and Cole broke up?" She asked. A flashback came to my mind from 6 months ago. There I was, getting that "we're over" text. After I'd tried so hard. All along I knew it would happen eventually. There I was reading the text and pleading for forgiveness. There I was laying on the bed crying into a pillow just like Callie was. There I was with a broken heart.  Callie shook me back to reality. "Oh uh what?" I asked. She repeated her question, "were you this sad when you and Cole broke up?" "Um, no." I lied. She looked at me funny. "I mean, I was a little sad but I knew he was a jerk and I knew we wouldn't live happily ever after."  Not technically a lie. "Oh, so you think I'll be alright?" She asked. "You will be fine, show Greg what he lost." I said. "Thank you, you're the best sister ever" Callie stated. "As are you" I said, still thinking of that flashback of me from six months ago.