Chapter 19

I woke up extremely excited the next morning. I couldn't wait to get to school and see Brent. The plan of me not wanting to like him so that I didn't get hurt went down the drain. I liked him. A lot. What did that kiss mean? Does he like me too? He clearly does if he kissed me right? I threw on a cute white dress with flowers on it and curled my hair. Then I carefully did my make up. I rushed out the door to get to school. As soon as I got to school, I saw Brent at his locker. I ran up to greet him but as I approached his locker I saw that Kylie was standing there talking to him. Kylie finally walked away and Brent looked at me smiling. "Hey. What's up?" I asked him curiously. "Well, I just asked Kylie to the dance and she said yes!" He said grinning. My heart sank. But he kissed me! See, i told you not to like anyone because you would get hurt. Now you got hurt. Good job. I didn't know what to say but I decided to be strong I needed to act happy for him. "Oh that's um great" I said trying to smile. "Yea it is" he said. "I have to go" I said as I walked away trying to find Margaret and Samantha. I finally found them by their lockers and explained everything to them. "What a jerk! Why would he give you false hope like that?!" Said Margaret. "Maybe he was too nervous around you? But I agree that was really rude of him!" Said Samantha. I could sense that there was something Samantha wasn't telling me but I decided to not question it. "Don't worry about it. It's fine" I said with tears in my eyes. "I gotta go" I smiled weakly as I ran to my car. I climbed in my car and started crying. I told you that you'd get hurt! You didn't listen and now you're hurt! But why would he kiss you and then go and date Kylie?! I just don't understand. It's unfair!! Why are all boys suck jerks?! He promised he wouldn't be like Cole but truth is he's exactly like him. All boys are playboys and jerks. I'm officially done loving! I thought as I sat in the car weeping.