Chapter 8

The next day in math class we had a pop quiz. I got a 100 on it, thanks to Brent. Then Brent asked me to be his partner for a worksheet we were working on. While we were partners, he kept using me as a footrest and teasing me. It was finally lunch! I approached the table that Margaret and Samantha were sitting at. They were freaking out about something. Also, Margaret looked extremely happy. "Hey. What's up guys?" I asked as I sat down. "Omg, omg, omg!!!" Said Samantha ecstatically. "That's a lot of "omgs" I said jokingly. "Well... I have news" said Margaret. "What is it?" I asked. "I finally talked to Marc and he asked me out!! Turns out he's liked me since 4th grade!! He was just too shy to admit it. Can you believe it?! I'm finally dating Marc!!!" She said extremely ecstatic. "Wow!!!! Congratulations!! I'm so happy for you!!" I said. "Thanks! Well, we better get to class." Margaret said as the bell rang. I left the cafeteria and approached my locker. As I opened my locker a note fell out. I opened the note suspiciously. Inside the note it said "Meet me under the Oak tree after school. From, Brent." What was that about?! I knew I shouldn't go but I was very curious. I decided I'd go. Only 3 more classes left until the end of the day. The curiosity might kill me.