Chapter 12

It was noon on Saturday, I was starting to freak out. Why would I ever agree to go to the park with Brent?! What was I thinking?? I don't want him to think it's a date and then it lead to something else. Although, I also couldn't lie to him. I hated lying. Ugh. At 12:30 I finally decided I would go. I had on a white dress with flowers on it and a white cardigan over it. I curled my hair and threw on my sandals. At exactly the right time, the doorbell rang. I opened the door and found Brent standing there. He looked as handsome as ever. He had on khaki shorts with a light blue button up shirt. He walked me out to his blue convertible. "Hope you like the ride" he said smiling. "It's perfect" I said. We talked friendly towards each other about sports and school as we drove to the park. When we finally arrived at the park, Brent came to my side of the car and opened the door for me. "Thanks" I stated smiling at him. As we walked into the park, I noticed the beautiful trees and leaves changing colors and the beautiful shining lake. It was quite the view. Brent led us up to the bridge over the lake. He handed me a piece of bread. "What's this for" I asked laughing. "Well, to feed the ducks of course" he stated as he threw a piece of bread into the lake. I blushed, feeling dumb "oh yea" I said laughing dumbly. Me and Brent fed the ducks and laughed. Then we went to a huge gorgeous hill. "I packed us a picnic" he said. "Hope you like sandwiches." I laughed "yea I do" I said. Turns out Brent also packed blueberries. Brent threw one at me. "Hey! What was that for?!" I asked. "Try to catch it in your mouth" he said. I missed all except one that he threw. Then he tried. He got all of them except one. We laughed so hard. All of a sudden, it started pouring down rain. "Oh no! The food!" I yelled while trying to save it. "Don't worry about it. I'm more worried about you" Brent said as he put his jacket over my shoulders and led me under a tree. I started laughing. "Thanks Brent" I said blushing. "You're more than welcome" he stated grinning wide. "You look so beautiful. I mean you always do but you know what I mean" he said. Not knowing what to say, I sarcastically said "oh yea I bet I look real pretty soaking wet". He laughed and said "you look amazingly pretty." He said without hesitation. I just stared into those beautiful blue eyes of his. They were so mesmerizing. Before I knew what was happening, I felt his warm lips on my cheek. He kissed my cheek. "You're beautiful Catherine. Whether you believe it or not. And you're worth it. And I like you a lot. See you at school Monday." And with that, he walked away. I was confused and happy as ever as I felt the spot on my cheek that he kissed.