Chapter 5

Never have I been so humiliated. I spent the rest of my weekend being lazy and doing nothing. Margaret and Samantha texted me to ask if I was okay and to tell me that they didn't know Cole or Kira would be there, they just showed up. I told them I was fine. Samantha also told me that Brent asked for my number. I laughed. That wasn't going to happen. I wasn't going to let myself get hurt by a guy again. I'm really upset that it's Monday. Now I have to go face everyone at school. I finally got up out of bed and got ready for school. I pulled up in front of Margaret's house in my red Corvette. Margaret didn't have her license yet. Samantha and I always took turns taking her to school so that she didn't have to ride the bus. Margaret got in the car and started to open her mouth to say something. "Don't you dare say anything about what happened at the party" I said half jokingly and half seriously. We both laughed at that. When we got to school, Samantha was waiting for us by the door. Brent was beside her. "Hey guys! So Brent just got his schedule, but I have to go to the yearbook committee meeting. Is there anyway one of you can help him please? Thanks!" She said as she walked away. "I can help you!" Said Margaret. Right then our secretary, Ms. Grace came out and asked if she could see Margaret because they needed to talks about student council information. Margaret glanced at me and looked apologetically at Brent. "It's okay. I'll help him" I said to Margaret. "Thank you!" She said. When I looked at Brent's schedule, I realized we had almost all of the same classes. "Okay so you'll go to Room 221 first which is the math teacher, Mrs. Beck's room and you'll be in there until 8:30" I explained to him. " Can I just follow you for all the classes we have together?" He asked smirking. "Sure, whatever" I said. When I was done explaining his schedule to him, he turned towards me and asked if I was okay. "What do you mean?" I asked dumbly. "You know from the party. Are you okay from the party?" He Asked. "Oh.. Yea. I'm fine" I said. He stared at me funny but he didn't say anything else. A group of girls walked by right then and started twirling their hair and batting their eyelashes at Brent. I rolled my eyes. Brent yelled "Hello ladies" and smirked at them. They all started flirtatiously giggling and walked away. I could now tell Brent was one of those guys who flirts with everyone. I can't stand those guys. I started to walk faster as Brent tried to keep up behind me to get to math class.