Chapter 7

The long day of school was finally over. Now I can just relax the rest of the night. Oh crap! No I can't, Brent is coming to tutor me. Great. I just wanted a relaxing night at home with no school work and now I have to learn math that I don't know how to do.  My doorbell rang at about 6:25. I opened the door and found Brent standing there. "Hi! Come on in." I said. Brent stepped inside. "So want to get started?" He asked "Yea" I said. Brent and I sat at the table. He tutored me over math and helped me understand it. "Wow! That actually helped a lot! Thank you!!" I stated. "You're welcome" he said. "Do you think you could come at 6:30 every Tuesday to tutor me?" "Don't see why I couldn't" he smirked. I don't know why but I invited him to stay for dinner. "My parents won't be home for awhile they have to work until late and my sister is at softball practice. So if you don't stay then I have to eat alone." I said while laughing. "Sure, I'll stay." He said smiling. "What do you want?" I asked. "How about spaghetti?" He asked. "Sounds good" I stated. "I'll help you make it" he said while walking over to the oven and standing beside me. "You don't have to help." I said. "I want to" he said smirking. "Ok then, get the pasta out of the cabinet."  Me and Brent cooked the pasta and laughed and talked the whole time. We finally sat down to eat dinner. "This is really good" he said. "I guess we're pretty good cooks." I said smirking at him. He laughed. After dinner, Brent helped me do the dishes. He dumped dish soap all over me and splashed water on me. I hit him with the towel. We laughed. We had a soap fight. Then Brent had to leave. "Thanks for coming and for having dinner with me" I said. "You're welcome. I had a great night. I'll see you at school tomorrow gorgeous." And with that he walked out the door. That night  I lay awake in bed not able to sleep. I was thinking about how great tonight was with Brent. Then I realized something. Oh no. I can't like him. I can't get hurt again. I don't like him. We're just friends and we hung out so much that I made myself think I like him. But I don't.... Right?