Chapter 21

I was glad when the final bell of the day rang. I hurried out of the school but someone started calling my name as soon as I got to my car. I turned around to see Cole smiling and walking towards me. Great. "What is a hot girl like you doing here all alone?" Cole asked approaching me. "What do you want Cole?" I asked annoyed. Cole got close to me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I tried to push his arms off of me but I couldn't. "Well, I heard about Brent and I wanted to say sorry. He's a jerk. I know I hurt you once too but I regret that, I do. And I'm sorry. I've been living in pain because of it. And I want you to know that I'm here for you now." He said sympathetically. His words really sank into me. My heart melted with happiness then burst into pieces after I remembered all the memories.  I remember when he said he loved me. I remember the gifts he gave me. I remember our first date. I remember all the amazing times we had together. I remember how he was my first love. I remember how I truly did love him. Although, I also remember him breaking my heart. Him choosing another girl over me. Him turning out to be a fake player. Him breaking my heart into pieces. Him making me afraid to love. And for that, I hate him. All the anger built up in me suddenly burst out as I pushed Cole away from me and glared at him. "What the hell was that for?!!?!" He asked stunned. "You jerk!! You call Brent the jerk but really you're the jerk! You say that you're here's for me now well why weren't you before? And how am I supposed to trust you after what you did?! Do you seriously think you can just get me back like that?! Because you can't!" I said angrily. "Baby, I'm sorry. I really am. Please. Please, forgive me. I need you. Please be mine again." He said sadly. I looked at him for a few seconds then finally said "this is your fault. If you would've went by your words then you would still be with me but instead you chose her over me and that was your choice. So, I will not take you back. You don't deserve it. You broke my heart. You made me afraid to love and for that I can't forgive you. I'm sorry you made the wrong choice, but that was your fault not mine. So, Cole I hope you learned your lesson because no I will not take you back." I stated strongly. I felt so strong and confident all of a sudden I don't know what came over me. "Please. Catherine. Please let me be yours again. I'm sorry" Cole said looking me straight in the eyes. "Bye Cole" I smirked at him as I drove away in my car.