Chapter 6: The Town of Haine! The Kiji Tournament!

F I R S T A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Special OST: Unfinished Battle (on the side)
__________________________

Chapter 6: The Town of Haine! The Kiji Tournament!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

J U L Y 15th, 2X30 (2 D A Y S L A T E R)

It's been two days since Karvella, Sole and the men journeyed from Jidae to the town of Haine. Sole's trial is quick and he is sentenced to confinement. Karvella watched the masked figures drag Sole back into the dungeon yesterday; she observed closely so she knew where to pick the idiot up later.

The people of this town are strange. They dart around in black hoods for periods of time called "Night Hours." Karvella can't understand what any of it means. After a booming voice echos across the sandy town they all whip their hoods off and act normal once again. She leans against a marble pillar and sighs.

"Miss Bounty Hunter?"

She looks towards two men who come up to her and then they ask her where she wants to go.

"Show me your Treasury."

The figures exchange a look before escorting her into a grand hall. Each figure stops at the door, bidding her to continue on. Karvella walks up the corridor with a casual glance at the guards standing on either side of the hall. She reaches a grand door with golden door handles and a steel gate over it.

"Hmm...interesting..."

"Who are you?"

She turns towards a soldier who has gotten out of line and approached her. He is probably two times the girl's size.

"Karvella. I'm a bounty hunter."

The man spits at her feet; she gives an irritated glance down at it.

"Bounty Hunters are scum!"

Karvella glares at the man.

"You'll regret that," she growls.

The man gives her a nervous chuckle before pulling his sword out and pointing it at her.

"Try me, girl!"

Then he swings it.

๑۞๑

"We have a doctor in our town who would be happy to experiment on this demon!"

The same thing plays in my head over and over again. I tremble, deciding to put it into the back of my mind. The room I am stuck in is made of stone and has a row of bars in front of the door. The ground is littered with hay and the squeaking of mice can be heard from inside the walls.

'Where the hell is Karvella?'

I glance at the bars where two masked people are standing on guard. I lift my hands upwards and stare at the steel cuplets sadly. Then, I glance around at the other two prisoners who are trapped in here with me. One is an old man who rocks back and forth, muttering something in a strange language. He is sitting opposite of me. The other is a figure in a beautiful yet torn, red hood, leaned against the wall silently. I decide to scoot closer to the corner of the small room, farthest away from the two strangers. I pull my knees up to my chest, snuggling into the hay. Suddenly, I hear feet clomping down some sort of stairs and a panting man stands in front of the guards.