Chapter 15: Key Kingdom Awaits!

F I R S T A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Special OST: We Meet In Dreams

__________________________

Chapter 15: Key Kingdom Awaits!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

Leaning against the wall with a smoke resting on his bottom lip, Leon Lionhart stares up at the gem covered light fixture. He has hardly been paying attention to the conversation taking place between the King and Yata. He will be filled in later anyway.

"Captain Lionhart, Sir."

His eyes lower to his subordinate and he takes the cigarette out of his mouth to release the smoke into the air.

"Hmm?"

"We are discussing the events in Sout as we speak, Sir. Please pay attention."

He sighs and rolls his eyes childishly and goes back to puffiing on his smoke. Who is Yata? His mother? As if he heard the thought, Yata sends a glare towards his superior. An angry Yata is a scary Yata.

"Last month, Sout was completely overran by Caravala. The plague has thus spread from Sout all the way to the East region of this Kingdom. The safest thing is to condemn that part of town and build a more secure wall, King Ninomiya."

"But that would put hundreds of people out of their homes. There would be a rebellion!"

"Can we skip the boring shit," Leon says with a groan, "I'm hungry."

Yata slams his hand on the desk top making both Leon and the King jump in surprise.

"Focus and i'll treat you to Brak, Sir."

Leon grins slightly and pushes his cigarette into the palm of his hand to extinguish it. Yata uses his pinky to lift his glasses up the bridge of his nose and shuffles through his folder.

"Here are the most recent reports of Caravala activity in this region alone. It has doubled. Not to mention the situation in Haine," he looks cautiously at Leon, "Some folks even said that they saw...uh...him."

"Him?"

"The Caravala Prince."

Leon's eyes flicker in anger and he kicks the golden chair in front of him across the room with a sideways sweep. The King scrunches down into his seat out of fear. Yata stands perfectly still, his eyes not leaving Leon's face.

"I'll be outside if you need me. It's stuffy in here."

Yata nods and Leon rushes out the door, slamming it behind him. He falls back against it, taking deep breaths. As if his life depends on it, Leon fumbles for his smokes and pulls out the last one before crumpling the package. He growls furiously at the empty case. As he lights the last smoke, the memories come back to him. He can clearly remember from that time, that face. The piercing eyes, long, violet hair and a cocky smile exposing rows of sharp teeth leaning over him. Leon slams his fist into the wall, leaving an impression. He doesn't even notice when a trickle of blood runs down through his tightened fingers.

"Damn you, Korrin. I'll kill you, bastard."

๑۞๑

I blink and look up at Karvella. She stares at Mitsa with an intense look on her face.

"Why would Rui lie about such a thing?"