Chapter 11: The Truth About Haji?

F I R S T A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Special OST: Emil, Karma (Haji's Truth)
__________________________

Chapter 11: The Truth About Haji?

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

"Show yourself!"

Trance and Annicia stare at the forest, not noticing what Karvella is. They both raise their weapons despite not knowing what is going on.

"I can sense your presence! Come out now!"

A dark chuckle comes from the darkness of the trees and a figure moves forwards. Karvella narrows her eyes, trying to predict the movement of the disembodied silhouette. It steps out into the light of the shrine and chuckles. Annicia and Trance lower their weapons in bewilderment.

"H-Haji? Oh my gosh, you scared us," Annicia sighs, "Karvella look it's just Haji. Put your sword down, silly."

Trance notes Karvella's stubbornness and puts his fists back up in a fighting position.

"Guys? It's just Haji..."

When neither of the two budge Annicia jogs halfway to Haji.

"Stop where you are!"

Annicia turns back to where Karvella is standing and her eyebrows knit together in confustion.

"Why? What's wrong with you! It's our friend, Haji! Are you blind?"

Karvella runs her fingers across her blade and starts walking towards the figure and Annicia.

"No. And i'm not stupid either. That man isn't our 'friend' Haji. In fact," she says, addressing Haji, "were you even Haji at all?"

The green-haired man lets out a quiet yet deranged laugh and claps his hands. Trance follows after Karvella starting to put the pieces together in his mind.

"Bravo, bravo. I wonder, when did you figure it out?"

"I knew I noticed something strange at the beginning of this tournament. You and your brother introduced yourself opposite of who you are. You are actually Sabut, aren't you?"

He smiles and folds his hands over one another, staring at her intently.

"Yes. That's true but what does that matter to you?"

"We've been calling you Haji this whole time because that's what you and your brother planned."

Sabut laughs loudly.

"Wrong. My brother has nothing to do with this. He died like I knew he would. Haji was weak!"

Trance gasps, suddenly realizing what the hell Karvella is talking about.

"I understand now. Those two people..." he says slowly, "The Alcalde and his daughter! Who are they really?"

"And here I thought you were stupid," Sabut says mockingly, "They...are Caravala!"

๑۞๑

"You? There's no way!"

"Hey, you brat! That's rude you know!"

Michean leans forwards slightly.

"I don't quite understand. Why haven't you been out there fighting with us?"