Chapter 9: Twisted!

F I R S T   A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ] 

Special OST: Hope and Hold Breath (see the side)
__________________________

 Chapter 9: Twisted!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

 Karvella stands upon the peak with a devilish grin on her face. Dozens of Caravala birds lay dead at her feet. She jumps down and stretches out her arms with a yawn. 

"Wasn't that great! I killed them all!"

She dances as she leaps down the side of the mountain. Suddenly, fireworks explode above her and she turns curiously. 

"Wait a minute...am I already here?"

She laughs excitedly and skips back towards the check point.

                                                                                 ๑۞๑  

"Hey! Sole! Wake up!"

I feel someone slap my face frantically. I open my eyes  slowly and see everyone bent over me with worry on their faces. Trance stands off to the side examining his box again. 

"Buddy," Michean screams, hugging me tightly, "You're alive!"

I nod and stand up with Annicia's help. 

"You gave us a scare, kid. We thought that Trance had killed you," she growls slightly.

Trance grits his teeth slightly and picks up his box before taking off down the path. I shake off Annicia's hand and run after him, leaving Michean and Annicia with baffled looks on their faces.

"W-Wait! Trance!"

He stops but doesn't turn to me. I catch up to him and stand a few feet away from him.

"It wasn't your fault! I'm the one that uncovered my ears so please don't go..."

Trance turns to me slightly with a soft scowl on his face which looks more to me like anxiety. He chuckles and turns back around, waving at me from behind.

"Stop trying to be a Saint all the time, kid. I'm a lone wolf anyways. See you at the check point."

"Wait!"

He disappears over the ridge and I drop my hand.

"I don't want to lose my friends," I cry, "why! First Karvella and now Trance? Who's next!"

"Uh...looks like Haji. He's not here anymore."

I turn towards Michean who is looking around frantically for the tall man. I sink to the ground, tears forming in my eyes.

"Shit," I mumble.

Annicia bends down to my level and wipes my cheeks before placing her hands on either side of my face. She holds my head up, looking into my eyes.

"It'll be okay, Sole. Those two are strong so we'll see them at the end," Annicia says softly, "I promise."

Michean nods and grins, "Yeah!"

 I stand up and put on my best smile despite the sinking feeling in my heart. 

"Thanks. Let's hurry."

                                                                                 ๑۞๑