Chapter 20: Goodbye Key Kingdom! The New Companion!

F I R S T A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Ending Song: Sakura - Ikimono Gakari

__________________________

Chapter 20: Goodbye Key Kingdom! The New Companion!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____

We decide to go ahead after we're sure Strike has left. I lag behind Keys, dragging my feet and staring at my arm. Irritated, I lower it to my side and exhale. Keys turns towards me and frowns for a moment before continuing on. I can hardly comprehend the fact that all this time, I was so ignorant.

Keys slows down in front of two huge iron gates and flips to me with a forced smile on his face.

"Look on the bright side, Sole. We're here."

I nod glumly. I know it's selfish but I can't think of anything but Leon's words. Keys pulls the heavy doors open and motions for me to enter. I go in at a slow pace, not thinking about anything else but my stupid arm. It's so useless and monstrous.

"I don't want it."

"Huh?" Keys questions from behind me.

Instead of answering him, I just resume walking down the dark corridor. He jogs to keep up with me as I walk ahead of him. Keys eventually calls me back to a broken wall which he says was never there before. I glance around the hallway, realizing for the first time how eeriely quiet it is and the lack of guards.

"Where is everyone?"

"Probably at my mother's shrine," Keys says in a hushed tone, "Today is her death anniversary after all."

I nod again, a bit on edge from the silence. Good for those guards though, cause Karvella would have kicked their butts.

"Knowing Karvella and Ryuga they probably got out of here hours ago."

"Maybe we should head back to where they saw you last?"

I bob my head in agreement and Keys leads the way back out of the dungeons and up into the main room.

"Prince Keys!"

We turn around upon hearing the voice, ready to dash. The blonde girl, who Karvella beat up, comes running towards us with paper clutched in her arms. She stops short upon seeing me, unconciously putting her hand on her sheath. Keys steps in between us.

"What do you want Mitsa?"

"Young Master. I need you to come with me right away! It's not safe here."

Keys waves his hand dismissively. Mitsa's face grows more panicked.

"Please!"

Keys is about to walk off but I grab his arm.

"Go with her."

"But-"

"Now Keys!"

He recoils when I snap at him. Keys looks surprised like no one has ever spoken to him in such a way before. I wouldn't be surprised if I am the first. He gets a grim look on his face and bows his head.

"Come on, Young Master," Mitsa says hustling off, "We must hurry away from here."

I wave at Keys slightly but he doesn't wave back. Instead he looks furiously upset. I sigh and turn around to face the entrance. Up above me is a giant statue of a beautiful woman. Her head is lowered sadly, her hands over her eyes. I stare at her for a moment and feel like crying myself.