Chapter 5: Captured?!

F I R S T   A R C : B E G I N! [ Opening: Wonderful World by FUNKIST ]

Special OST: Fate Of The Unknown (See The Side)
__________________________  

 Chapter 5: Captured?!

___ ___ ____ _____ ____ _____ ____  

The two girls split open like the other boy had, serrated black arms coming out. They pin my shoulders to the ground with their arms, stabbing into my flesh like daggers. I yell out in pain.

"Sole!"

The arms disappear and the girls turn towards the way I had ran from. I take the opportunity to run back towards the forest. I find a large oak tree and squat behind it, trying to regain my breath. Glancing at my shoulder, the puncture wounds are leaking blood but they aren't too bad. I wipe it away with my hand. Peeking from behind the tree, I watch the scene laying out in front of me. Two more children have joined the group surrounding Karvella. She growls lowly under her breath.

"You guys destroyed this city. Didn't you?"

The children snicker at each other with large grins plastered on their faces, rows of sharp teeth exposing themselves. I shiver, just looking at them. I want to protect Karvella but I can't bring my legs to move. I'm frozen in fear. These children are certainly evil; just like monsters. Their smiles are so disturbing.

Lunging towards Karvella, they try to take the chance to stab her with their dagger-like hands. Karvella dodges them swiftly as she grabs hold of her sword. Pulling it from her sheath, she swings it at the boys, hitting one of them with a solid blow. It screeched out in pain; a terrible sound that is a mix of a child's scream and a hollow hiss.

The other boy tries again to stab her, coming so close  at one point that I feel the need to help. But using her sword, she swings down and stabs him right through his chest. The boy falls to the ground and his body seizes slightly on the ground. Watching him struggle on the ground with blood pouring from his open wound, makes me feel disgusted with myself.

The two female Caravala screech at Karvella as she wipes the thick blackish blood from her sword. They both rush her on opposite sides but she turns and cuts the girl on her right.  Blood spurts everywhere. So much that it stained the ground beneath her feet.The other stops and stands off to the side, observing her dying sister. The dying girl lets out a startled scream and falls backwards, in human form; blood dripping from the wound on her neck. She glances up with big, tearful eyes at Karvella and tries to choke out words.  

"Please don't kill me..."

At that moment, I find myself running towards the scene. Something clicks inside of me when I see the crying girl. I just have the sudden urge to protect her. Maybe it is because of something from my past, something that I can't remember clearly. As the sword begins to come down, I wedge myself in between them.

 I shut my eyes, waiting for the impact. Nothing comes. I open one of my eyes. Karvella's arms have stopped halfway through the attack. The metal almost coming close to colliding into my head; pieces of my silver hair fall to the ground. I open both eyes and I can easily the look in her eyes. Murder. That's what seems to pop out from them. 

What the hell was going on with her? Did she snap? Why is she acting this way? I hear a demonic giggle behind me and turn quickly. The little girl is standing now with two arms coming out of her back. Karvella grabs me as they swipe downwards towards me.

"Are you an idiot, Sole! They aren't even human! They have no ability to show emotions!"

I stare at the girl, no, the monster in front of me. Why are Caravala so cruel? Deceiving people to kill and eat them... it's disgusting. Karvella grabs me again as she swings towards us for a second time.