[16] Ghost

Kelsey's POV

"Derek, you can't leave!" I shout at Derek as he brought his bag near the door of his loft. "I need to go, Kelsey, you'll be fine." He assured me, putting on his leather jacket. After crying our hearts out by Boyd's body, we buried him and then we had to un-flood the loft.

Some of the water that filled the loft floor was a little red from Boyd's blood, it was horrible, Derek wasn't handling it well. But that doesn't mean he has to leave town. I know he's taking it hard, we all are. I can go with him, he'll need someone to comfort him, I'd hate him to go alone and beat himself up. "Where will you go? I'll come with you."

"I don't know, I just need to be alone."

He wasn't a to be alone? That's the last thing he needs right now. He needs his family, his friends, his pack, he needs me to help him. I know how he feels, I was the same when I lost Erica, I'm still hurting, but I'm managing to keep my chin up and smile as much as I can.

"Do you seriously think that's the best thing for you right now, look at yourself, Derek, you're a mess, we all are, which is why we need to stick together." I tell him but Derek looks to the floor. "I need time to myself, to sort myself out."

Why can't he stay here? He needs us as much as we need him. "Well do that here, you don't have to leave. Derek, what about Cora and Isaac? What about me, you can't leave us." I raise my voice a little, which caused Derek's eyes to look up at me and off the floor.

"Look, I know how much your hurting right now, I know you want to come with me, but coming with me won't help, the pain will still be in your head. Look out for Cora while I'm gone." He smiled lightly before turning his back to me, about to grab ahold of his bag.

"Derek, please. Don't go." I begged, I could feel a single tear escape my eye and fall onto my check. Derek let go off his bag, turning around to face me. He lightly smiled as he stepped towards me. Whipping the tear from my check, Derek then cupped both my cheeks which his soft hands.

"Goodbye." He said as he planted a small kiss on my forehead, before letting go and walking out the door with his bag. The next thing I knew, I fell to the floor, my vision went all blurry and that's when the tears were rapidly falling from my eyes.

***

It's been two whole days since Derek left me in his loft crying. Cora found me shortly after curled up in Derek's bed when she came home that day, I told her what Derek had said to me and she told me that he'll come back when he's ready. After that, Cora and I fell asleep next to each other.

Later in the day, Stiles came knocking at the loft door asking the whereabouts of Derek. Cora told us that once before when Derek was in trouble, he and Peter hid from the hunters. "They were there for two days, waiting, hiding. That's what we're taught to do when the hunters find us...hide and heal." Cora explained.

"Okay, so is two days standard, then? Or are we thinking Derek's on, like, some extended getaway?" Since when does Stiles worry where Derek is? Are they even friends? "Why do you care?" Cora asked.

"Why do I care? Let's see...because over the last few weeks, my best friend's tried to kill himself. His boss nearly got ritually sacrificed. A girl that I've known since I was three was ritually sacrificed. Boyd was killed by alphas, I-"

"They killed Erica too." I interrupted Stiles. He gave me a sympathetic smile before continuing. "Do you want me to keep going? 'Cause I can, all right? For, like, an hour." Cora sighed. "You think Derek can do anything about that?"