When You're Strange. {Harry Potter}

"Stop it! Leave me alone!" a defenseless first-year Gryffindor shouts. Seeing his fear brings happiness to the rest of the elite sixth-year Slytherins and I.

" 'Stop It! Leave me alone!' " Goyle mimicks him, in a whiny-irritating voice. Draco gives him another shove and Crabbe throws his things down the hall. I turn to Tabitha and Emmerich, enjoying seeing the stupid Gryffindor suffer.

"Do you really have to target first-years? You can't pick on someone your own size?" A shrill voice sends fire into everyone of my fingertips. Hermione Granger.

Hermione kneels down beside the small, terrified boy. She helps him up and brushes dirt off of his robe.

"Pick on someone our own size? Hm, looks like there's only one person here that fits that criteria," I step forward, glaring at Hermione with hate. "Avis!" I hiss and with a quick flick of my wand, then add, "Oppugno!" to send a flock of birds go diving towards the know-it-all Gryffindor girl.

The Slytherin group and I erupt in laughter as the birds swarm around Hermione, picking at her hair and causing her to shriek in terror. But, not even ten seconds later, all the bird explode in puffs of feathers.

Our laughter is cut short as we see Professor Snape and Professor McGonagall quickly making their way towards us.

Professor McGonagall kneels beside a hysteric Hermione, trying to calm her down. Snape glares at all of us, especially Draco and I. I slip back in line with the others. I hadn't even noticed the large group of student body forming a circle around us.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see Harry Potter and the Weasley kid shove their way to the front of the large mob of people. They look to Hermione with concern, then to us with anger and hate.

As soon as Hermione is brought to her feet, McGonagall turns sharply to us.

"This isn't the first time you, Alice Rhowen, have gotten in trouble for attempting to harm another student." She says harshly, pointing a finger at me. "Snape, I'm going to trust that you'll give Ms. Rhowen the proper punishment," She turns to Snape and speaks my name like it's dirt. I glare at her, gripping my walnut wand tightly.

"Of course," He says, keeping his eyes on me, "Ms. Rhowen," He summons me with a point of the finger. I continue to glare at McGonagall and Hermione.

"Malfoy was doing it, too!" Hermione shouts as Snape starts to escort me away, gripping my arm tightly.

"You little-" Draco shouts and starts to raise his wand.

"Malfoy!" Snape snaps, causing Draco's hand to freeze, mid-air.

"You better watch yourself, mudblood." Draco spits at Hermione and walks on the other side of Snape. Chatter fills the hallways as Snape parts the sea of students, pulling us along. Other first-years stare at us in terror.

Towards the back of the crowd, I meet eyes with a tall boy, one that has my identical green eyes. Aaron, my dear older brother, glares at me; him in his red and golden Gryffindor uniform, me in green and silver Slytherin colors. He's the one to break away from my eyes, proving to me that he's the weaker one.

Snape shoves us into his office, locking the doors behind him.

"Who does that mudblood think she is?" Draco continues to shout, as he takes a seat on the black leather couch.

"She's a Gryffindor, what do you expect? They are always trying to be heroic," I spit out, still feeling the fire under my skin. There's not a single soul I hate more than Hermione Granger. I hate her more than I hate Harry Potter.