Chapter 10.

After Snape sent Draco and I to bed, I make my way to the Girl's Dormitory. Expecting everyone to be fast asleep, I'm surprised to see one candle still lit in my room. I, loudly, make my way into the room, not caring if I wake everyone up.

"You're still up?" I ask, surprised.

Tabitha looks at me with fear in her eyes. She hides the notebook she was writing in, under her hands so I can't read it.

"Working on homework," She quickly explains.

I raise an eyebrow at her and her cheeks turn red. An easy sign that she's lying. I pretend to be oblivious and change into my pajamas.

"Annie got a little further with the combination. She's been watching Potter carefully, you know," Tabitha changes the subject.

I bite my lip. Should I tell her about what Snape found in Potter's book? It could be dangerous if she knows too much. And, by the looks of Snape's expression, it wasn't something very good.

"Good. So, the Ravenclaw six aren't completely useless," I comment, crawling beneath my thick quilt.

"Do you think that we'll figure it out before him?" She asks, and I can her a hint of worry tremor in her voice. The question causes my teeth to chatter and the Dark Lord's angry expression enters my mind.

"No doubt about it," I say, reassuring myself more than her.

                                                                                           * * * *

I lay awake in bed, still haunted by scenarios of possible 'what-ifs'. I can hear Tabitha's carefree snores in her bed beside mine. I wish I could have no major worries and could sleep at ease like her. But, I worry that she's more perceptive than Draco and I give her credit for.

Why was she acting all weird when I entered the room? She acted as if I caught her in some bad act. She was writing in that book. I doubt it was homework... Could she really be keeping a diary? What is she, nine years old?

"Accio Tabitha's Diary," I whisper, as quietly as possible.

I hear the drawer open quickly and her diary comes flying in the air and lands in my open hands.

"Lumos," I say, just as quietly.

I hold my wand out, to light up the leather-bound diary with 'Tabitha' embroidered on the cover. I flip through the pages of perfect penmanship. My name is mentioned several times, but I flip through it until I find the most recent page.

'Dear Diary,

Today was a very boring day, as it has been the past few days... I sat with Annie and Emmerich as Annie tried figuring out the combination to whatever Potter is tyring to get at. So, like always, we're stuck doing all the dirty work while Alice lounges like a king.

What? Is that how she feels? Like a slave? I feel the heat building up in my chest.

But, I did get a moment alone with Draco today. Alice was off doing something, like she always is. It felt nice having Draco confide and put his trust in me. It felt even better knowing about his doubts of his and Alice's marriage. I took the opportunity to agree and tell him that Alice just isn't suited for the married life.

I don't know what he sees in her... She doesn't appreciate him, at all. Draco deserves a full-blood Slytherin girl, that way his family stays powerful. Not some moody Gryffindor-born witch.