Chapter 21. Escaping.

Bonnie's P.O.V

I could hear Ron and Harry talking about something as I lay in my dorm, trying to forget it all. I can't believe I admitted to Ron, my feelings. How could I be so stupid? Of course he doesn't feel the same way. I knew that.

Yet, I put myself out there like that.

"Well, you're sure as not going alone." I hear Ron speak rather loudly.

"Ron, it's dangerous. He could kill us all. You need to be safe; think about your family." Harry fights back.

Who could kill them? What is Potter involved with now? He's always getting himself and Ron into trouble. Then, Hermione comes in and saves the day. It's been happening like that since year one.

"Don't worry about me, or my family. I know what I'm getting myself into. I'm willing to risk it all." Ron says, strongly. I can hear the shakiness behind his voice, though.

My mind races through possible scenarios. They all end with Ron seriously injured. My stomach churns and I, quietly, get out of bed.

Come on, Bonnie. Snap out of it. Just stop torturing yourself with Ron. What, do you think if you try and protect him from whatever it is they're going after, that he's going to forget about Alice, and love you? Get real.

"Thanks," Harry hesitates, but gives in. I hear more fear in his voice, than in Ron's, which makes me even more uneasy.

As their footsteps become more and more quiet, I pace quicker and quicker.

Even if Ron doesn't love you like that, that doesn't mean that he deserves to be ignored. I don't care if he never loves me in a romantic way. But, the thought of him dying, for whatever reason, makes my knees weak. I've got to remember that he's been my friend since the begining. I still have to look out for him.

I throw on a loose-fitting pair of jeans and a black sweater with my scarf and mittens. Stealthily, I grab my old broomstick and shut the door as quietly as possible, behind me.

It's time that I grow a backbone and put myself out there. Then, maybe... Maybe Ron didn't like the old me, but perhaps he'll give the new Bonnie a second look...

                                                                           Annie's P.O.V

Leyra, Marleigh and I tip-toe quickly through the empty hallways. People are already fast asleep in their dorms, completely unaware that under the same roof, lies a highly dangerous Death Eater. She's probably lying in bed with a beauty mask on, carefree and feeling powerful... Well, not for long.

"Shhh!" Leyra pushes us against a wall, putting a finger to her mouth.

We all press as close to the wall as we can. Footsteps get louder as they approach.

"I saw the three of them go this way, I swear."

I pick out the voice as one of the older Gryffindor boys. I believe it's Jake Matthews, a good friend of Alice's older brother, Aaron. Jake is fairly good looking and I've never seen him get into trouble. Why can't my brother be friends with guys like him?

"We better hurry if we want to follow them once we get outside." Aaron's voice responds.

Where are they going? Who are they chasing after? Please, please don't tell me that Alice has already left. If she's waiting there at the coordinates, then we're done for. She'll kill me in a blink of an eye, without hesitation.