Chapter 18.

AN: Thanks to scarlettsbackbitch for the banner! :)

                                                                          Alice's P.O.V

I was running. From what? I don't know... But, fear exudes from every joint in my body. I can hear my already tattered nightgown ripping up the sides, from my long strides. My heavy breathing causes my throat to burn from the iciness of the air. The wind was a little too brisk, that it cut at my exposed skin like a handful of knives.

"Alice..." Someone hisses, sounding as if they were inches behind me. I let out a cry of fear and push myself harder. The muscles in my body ache in protest, but I try my best to ignore it. Comfort is the last thing on my mind. Then, I feel something cold run up my bare leg.

That causes me to loose my footing and I go sprawling to the hard ground. The cold and wet grass attacks my body. Literally. It grows at a rapid speed and wraps around every part of my body. I let out my loudest scream. It feels like millions of snakes are attempting to strangle me.

I try to break free, but it's no use. The grass starts growing around my neck and I'm sent into a complete panic, setting a new personal record. My hands are bound down, so I can't even try to tear the grass from decapitating me.

"Alice..." The same voice hisses again. I try to answer it, but no noise comes out of my throat. "You are full of possibilities... Yet, you waste yourself." The voice taunts, causing goosebumps to form all over my body.

I continue to try to break free, but I don't get any further. If anything, I just tire myself out more. Now, not only am I trapped, someone, or something is here with me.

"And, don't think you're fooling anyone!" The owner of the face appears in front of me. I can't help but to whimper and begin to cry when I see the Dark Lord's angry expression before me. His beady eyes seem to go pass my eyes, and slash my insides to pieces.

Please, don't kill me. Please, don't kill me.

"Remember what you bound yourself to." He smirks and presses his hand against my cheek, ever so gently. I feel as if my veins have started on fire. The pain is so extreme that I can't even scream. I can't even catch my breath. My body nearly shuts down. But, still, my body quivers and shakes involuntarily.

"And, the company you're keeping seems to be keeping you from fufilling your duties." He tells me, removing his hand from my skin. "So, if necessary, I will eliminate them. If they are being a... destraction. Such as... Mr. Weasley," He speaks Ron's name as if the thought of killing him was very much appealing.

I can't help but to gasp. How could he possibly know? Terror runs through my chest as I recall the dream of Voldemort killing Ron before.

"Yes, I tried to warn you before..." He admits, reading my mind. I forget that he's a very skilled Leglimen. I try my best to block my mind off. "But, do I make myself clear now? If you associate with Ronald Weasley any longer, he will be killed." He threatens. So, that wasn't just a bad dream before, was it? It was Voldemort warning me.

I nod my head quickly, but anger flashes across his face,

"Use you words, when addressing me!" He lashes out and my insides feel as if someone was tearing them apart. I let out a shriek,

"Yes, Master!" I shout out, to the best of my ability. His features soften and the pain ceases.

"That's better." He smirks, which is all he's capable of doing. I don't think he could smile, even if he wanted to. "And, just to be sure you understand how important it is that you successfully complete this mission, I want you to know that Draco's life is also in the air. If you would fail, he will die." He puts another ton of pressure over my head.