Chapter 7.

Alice's P.O.V

"I can't believe Snape just left without telling us any bit of information..." I grumble, the irritation causes my hairs to stand on end. I ball up my fists.

"He better explain it all in the morning," Draco snaps beside me, as we make our way to the New Year's party.

The loud thumping music can already be heard down the hall, which is strange. Usually the music is just a dull background noise.

"I think we're going to need a lot more help than just Emmerich's sister." I say, quietly as we break through the doors to the party.

When I lay eyes on the party, my eyebrows raise. People are dancing everywhere, there are barely any teachers in sight. I even see a couple snogging in the corner.

As we shove our way through the crowd, to the other Slytherin's, students look at us in fear. One girl that we push, nearly breaks down in tears. My self-esteem balloons up.

Draco and I are greeted happily by Emmerich and Tabitha. Tabitha gets up and joins the other Slytherin's on the dance floor. But, Emmerich sits beside us on the sidelines. None of us are dancers. Dancing around like this at parties makes you look like a fool. Of course, I don't tell that to Tabitha...

Many female students of Slytherin gaze at Draco, wishing he'd come dance so they could pounce on him. I can't even count how many students have crushes on Draco, even students not in Slytherin. And, many of the girls glare at me with hatred. I just rest my chin on my left hand, letting my ring work it's magic.

As realization hits many of their faces, I see disappointment and heartbreak take over their faces. I even see a few girls take off running, crying their eyes out. Maybe wearing the wedding ring won't be as bad as I thought..

                                                                    Jake Matthew's P.O.V

The New Year's party is a success by far! I get approached by many Gryffindor girls, asking me to dance. I accept as many as I can.

"So, you got a special someone in mind for midnight?" The girl asks, coating on the seduction.

"I don't like to plan that kind of thing ahead of time," I laugh.

But, I did have a girl in mind. The same girl I've had in mind since my second year here. Unfortunately, if I did kiss her, I'm sure I'd die some sort of painful death. If not caused by her, then by her boyfriend.

"Wow, looks like Alice and Draco are getting pretty serious.." The girl comments, looking over my shoulder.

I eye her, confused. How did she know who I was thinking about. Is she a mind-reader?

I look over my shoulder to see the beautiful Alice Rhowen sitting down. On her finger is a large ring. She was making it hard to miss. My heart beats quickly.

"Are they engaged?" I ask the girl, a little panicked, but I stay calm.

"Yeah, unless she just enjoys wearing rings on her wedding finger," She jokes.

Uh-oh... Aaron. He's going to freak when he hears about this!

I break from the girl's tight grip on me.

"I've got to go, nice dancing with you." I mumble some sort of an explanation before searching for my best friend.

I see him at the punch bowl, getting himself and another person a cup. I quickly make my way to his side.