Chapter 9.

Alice's P.O.V

Days passed and people continue to talk about Aaron and my fight at the New Year's party. Even the Slytherin students look at me with almost... pity. It's one of the most frustrating things ever. I even got detention with Professor McGonagall for a week for turning Pansy into a rat. That should teach her to speak about me like that.

After detention on Wednesday, on our second week back to school, I use my time to follow Potter around. The Ravenclaw 6, as we like to call them, are doing their jobs, but apparently Potter hasn't been doing anything suspicious. I'm not quite sure if I believe that.

I manage to get a Gryffindor girl's robes, and I use polyjuice potion to change into some shy Hufflepuff girl that I know Potter wouldn't recognize.

With my new jet black hair and lanky frame, I sneak towards the Gryffindor chambers. Luckily, I see Potter ahead, with his nose in some book.

I try to make my way, disguising my usual confident strides.

"Hello, Harry," I smile and sit beside him on the windowsill. I glance down quickly, and discreetly, at the book. Some potions book, but not the one we use in Snape's class. I keep a mental note to mention that to Snape.

"Uh... Hello," Harry closes the book and slides it beside him, trying to scoot away.

"I'm... Lucille, by the way. I don't think we've officially met," I stick out my hand, despite my strong urge to spit in his face.

"Hi, I'm Ha-" He shakes my hand, but I cut him off.

"Harry Potter. You don't have to tell me, you're famous." I give a small, forced laugh. But, he doesn't notice, his cheeks just turn red and he shies away. "No need to be humble," I tease him and he just gives an uncomfortable laugh.

"You're a Gryffindor? I've never seen you around before," He changes the subject.

"Of course you haven't," I laugh, causing him to blush again. The irritation in my chest rises with his flattery, "I'm not usually this friendly. I'm rather shy, actually. But, I decided to start fresh and become more outgoing," I declare, as if I was some self-conscious, awkward girl.

I see sympathy flash across his face, and I have to cross my arms to keep from striking him. But, I bite my lip and remember he's giving sympathy to the Gryffindor girl, Lucille.

"So, you have a special interest in potions? Honestly, I hate that class. Snape scares me," I bring up the book, casually.

He pretends as if he wasn't trying to hide the book from me.

"Yeah, I'm not very good either. That's why I've been trying to study," He lies, I can tell. He puts a fake smile on his face as well.

"Potions of the Dark Arts? That's pretty heavy stuff," I comment, taking the book from him and skimming through the pages.

"I thought I'd challenge myself. Perhaps get on Snape's good side." He avoids eye contact.

I bite my lip from laughing in his face. Even the thought of Snape not having complete hate for Potter, is ludicrous.

"Harry! Hermione found out about the Alice thing and she's freaking out! I've never seen her this..." Someone comes shouting down the empty hallway. But, Ron trails off when he sees that Harry isn't alone.

I haven't seen Ron since New Years and I have to fight from running away. Sure, I can take 'You-Know-Who', but I can't handle this harmless Gryffindor boy.