chapter 6

Harry's POV

"I'll be back in the morning, kid." Jack had taken me back to the prison after our day out, and my meeting with Rae.

I hate this place. But I guess you have to pay the consequences when you associate yourself with the wrong people.

But today all those problem didn't seem to matter. I've never met Rae before, but she's somehow all I can think about. She seemed to just make her way into my life today, and get information about me I've never shared. I didn't mind though. Something about the way she paid close attention with me and the way she treated me, told me my secret was safe with her.

It was long while since I was lying in my bed, that a guard came to cell door.

"Get up Styles. Someone here to speak with you." The guard seemed to be annoyed that someone was here past visiting hours and requesting to talk to me.

"Who?" I asked.

"If you get up and come see, you'll find out." He unlocked the door and opened it for me.

I made my out the cell, down the long, grim corridor. I followed the large guard to the usual visiting area, but I was confused when we passed it and went into the other room.

Another man handed me my clothes that I wore on the day I had arrived here.

"What's these for?" I asked still confused.

The man pointed to someone standing on the other side of the room. He emerged with a smile on his face.

"Jack? What are you doing here? And what's all this about?" I gestured to the clothing in hands.

Jack raised his eyebrows and shrugged his shoulders. He moved to the side. When he did I couldn't believe my eyes. Rae was standing there. She had a small smile on her lips. Her arms playing around with the hem of her top, obviously nervous.

"Rae..? What are you doing here?"

"Hi, Harry." She smiled again but this time it was bigger. She pointed to Jack and spoke again. "It was him."

"I don't want to hear that young lady! We both know it was your idea." Jack looked at her smiling.

"Is anyone going to explain?" I asked.

Jack was the first to speak.

"Well this young lady right here spoke to me a little after she left when she was done talking with you. She's very smart. She asked me a few questions about you."

Rae's cheeks redden at Jack's last sentence. She tried to cover it her hands but it was too late. Jack had saw.

"Don't blush! You are very smart! Anyway, we got talking and she asked why you had to stay in prison, and I told her it was because you were originally convicted of the murder. But she does know a thing or two about the court system. We looked over some stuff and laws, and well, you do not have to stay here. In prison that is."

"Really?" I was beaming with excitement. I can finally get out of this hell hole.

"Yes, but there's one condition." The happy tone Jack seemed to have before dropped slightly.

"What?"

"House Arrest." Rae had looked away when he told me. Both unsure of how I would react.

"Done," I was more then willing to take house arrest over this place. "I'll do it."

They both looked at each other smiling, proud they thought of the idea.

"Well Harry, lets get you home."

***

After getting everything I needed and filling out papers we were ready to leave. But not before these men put a tracker on my ankle. One of the house arrest conditions.

It was later in the night, but not late enough that there were not reporters outside the prison. Waiting for me to come out so I can answer their questions.

We stood by the door for the police to give the all clear to go. They had some men out there holding the reporters back. I guess this case was a big deal to them.

I could sense Rae's nervousness when she looked back at Jack. Her eyes widening when she saw flashes going off. She looked at Jack then at me; not saying a word.

"Come here." I said softy.

She hesitated for a moment before she grabbed my hand I had held out for her. I put my arms around her, holding her close. Her body stiffened with my touch, but she stayed with me.

"H-Harry, I-I don't want them to see me. T-They know who I am." Her concerned filled eyes looked up at me. She was scared to be helping me. She wasn't supposed to be here but she came anyway.

"Lean into body, I'll hide your face with coat." I tried smiling for her but I knew it wouldn't help her. She nodded in return. Her left arm wrapped around my waist, and her head leaned on my chest.

"Don't answer anything or speak. Ready?" Jack asked.

We both nodded and braced ourselves before opening the door. We were met with flashes and people yelling questions all around. Rae squeezed me tighter and brought her right hand up to shield the rest of her face.

The questions being thrown at us were all the same. But every time someone brought up the girl I was with, Rae would only hold onto me tighter. It felt nice that see was looking for me to comfort her. At the same time it also hurt that I was the reason she was in this state. I bent down to her top of her ear, whispering comforting words for her. Anything to calm her. I felt guilty that I was the reason she was like this.

We had reached Jack's car and I let Rae climb in the vehicle first; I followed soon after.

Jack was the first to speak.

"They need a better job. Sorry about that Rae. Should've warn you that this is what an attorney's life is like."

Then it hit me. Jack still has no clue Rae is the daughter of Aiden's lawyer. That's why he's been so nice. He wouldn't have let her come near me if he knew. I don't think Rae was planning on telling him anytime soon either.

"It's fine, Jack. It's all just knew to me." She lied. She knew it would be like that. But why would she act that way if she's used to it? Yet, she did seem honestly scared.

I looked at her for a few seconds until she noticed. "What?" She mouthed to me. I slid closer to her so only she could hear me.

"I know you know that the reporters were going to be like that. Why were scared all of the sudden?" I whispered

"I-I was afraid they'd know it was me. I shouldn't be with you Harry. I'm on one side, you're on the other. I-I'm cheating the system. My dad can't know." She looked upset that she had been doing all these things behind her dads back. But I wanted her here. She can't leave. I grabbed ahold of her chin, tilting it up to look at me. Her eyes held concern as I came closer to her, as our noses touched, but she didn't stop me.

"What daddy doesn't know won't hurt him."

--------------------------

please vote :)