chapter 14

"Fucking wind." I mutter, scowling at my window.

I've been awake nearly all night, the wind and the storm outside keeping me from my own peace. All I wanted to do was to fall asleep and hopefully wake up and find that this day way all just a dream. That Harry didn't go to jail, and that just in a few hours my father wouldn't be getting ready to give me the punishment of my life.

I knew Harry and I were friends, I guess. I don't know if I could ever be with someone who is involved with the law. Even though I would never admit it to him, he was my first kiss. I had no idea what I was doing the moment I kissed him back. With that one kiss, I forgot. I forgot everything my dad told me. I forgot everything that may lead on from that one kiss, but I couldn't help it. His beautiful green eyes that lit up when I let him kiss me again. The way my lips tingled after we pulled away. His cheeky grin when he saw me blush. But during that moment, it hadn't crossed my mind that Harry was bad for me. Sure, we could still talk, and sure we could stay friends, but being more than friends with Harry is dangerous. His life comes with consequences, and they could end up hurting me. Just smiling at him during the trial put my own life at risk. Being with him wouldn't be safe.

I didn't want to think about what would come in the upcoming hours. I knew my dad was going to punish me, and I deserved it, but I also need to see Harry. I needed to explain that we will only be friends, and can never be more then that. My eyes began to feel heavy and I finally fell asleep after what seemed to be hours.

***

"Morning, Dad." I yawned entering the kitchen.

"Morning, Sweetheart. I made some toast for you."

"Thanks," I smiled backed.

I spread the purple jam over the cooked toast, and took a bite when I heard my father clear his throat.

"You know what you did was wrong, right?" He asked

"Yes, I do" I breathed out. "Going against you was wrong, but I don't regret it. I feel bad, but I wouldn't take it back. Harry is good person. I believe he's innocent, and I believe Aiden is lying. Harry and I are friends, and we will be no matter what you say. I'm sorry." I told him in complete honesty.

He took a moment before replying, moving his breakfast around on his plate. He looked up at me with a smile.

"I know you will. I was just trying to look after you, Rae. He just didn't seem good enough for you. I-I only wanted what's best."

I couldn't help but smile at my dad. He's always looked out for and has always been the only man in my life constantly. He had to learn the hard way on how to raise a child-let alone a girl-on his own, but somehow he did it. He'll always be protective of me, and I can't blame him for that. He just can't bear the thought of losing his daughter, after he lost the love of his life, my mum. We're the only people in this family. It's always been just us.

"You don't need to worry about me, Dad. I promise I know what I'm going into. And you know that if I have a problem, I will always come to you. Sometimes what's best is for me to go out and try things on my own and see what happens. It may not always be a good outcome, but I know that you'll help me if I need it. I love you, Dad. I'll always be daddy's little girl."

I walked over to my dad and buried myself into his chest. I hugged with as much love as I could. It's hard for him. His only little girl is growing up. He knows that I'll be doing things on my own, and he can't protect me from everything.

"I'll always love you, Rae. No matter what. I'll always help and always be there. You never have to worry." He said.

I could hear the sincerity in his voice, and I knew he was getting emotional. For a man that puts on a tough demeanour, he's a real softy on the inside.