chapter 20

After a quiet afternoon -besides the constant bickering of Will and Harry- we were ready to leave. It was sad to leave but I knew I would be seeing Charlotte in the very near future. She gave me her number incase I ever needed to talk to someone that wasn't Harry. We bid our farewells and gave our goodbye hugs. Which also meant Charlotte giving Harry a threat to bring me back soon, or she would have no problem telling me about Germany.

The ride back to Harry's was surprising quicker than the ride up. That's something I've always found interesting.

"So I was thinking about taking you out tonight. So you should wear a dress or skirt..for me." Harry's cheeky smile shining.

"As a date?" His comment confused me. Especially since Harry is not one to show affection through something that romantic couples do.

"Not so much a date, but something to ease your mind. Making you not so...tense." He lightly laughed.

"I am not tense!" I shot back.

"Mhmm," He hummed taking hold of my hand. "Whatever you say love."

I wasn't tense, I was just overwhelmed. Everything from my dad to Harry's life. If his idea of easing my mind is getting me drunk, he is sadly mistaken. I'll drink, but I am not getting drunk. Especially when I have to be home. As much as alcohol seems very good right now, I know it will be a regret as soon I wake up tomorrow.

When we arrived at my house, it was a little later in the afternoon. My dad had just gotten home from work judging by the glass of water in his hand, and he was still in his suit. I gave a simple wave without looking at him, not entirely sure if he saw it. I felt him follow me up the stairs, when I got to my door I turned around and saw him standing at the middle of the steps.

"Hey um, Rae?" He asked.

"Yeah?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out for dinner? You know, father, daughter type thing?" He cautiously asked.

"Sorry, I can't. I'm going out with with my friends." I shrugged my shoulders and watched him leave the house, hearing the car take off.

When I opened my door, I found Harry leaning up against my dresser on the opposite side of the room. His beautiful face didn't hold his usual sly smirk, but instead it held a sad frown. I walked over to Harry, putting my index fingers to the corners of his mouth, and pushing up. He didn't seem amused by my actions. Instead he slowly pushed my hands away and held them in his own.

"He's really trying, Rae. Please forgive him. His hatred is towards me, not you." He stated quietly.

"Yes, but it involves me since he's my dad. I just want him to like you. Not despise you."

"And he won't like me anymore if he sees anymore change in his daughter that I caused. Babe, I just don't want you to lose him. You already don't have a mum. Don't end up like me, and not have have a dad. Please just try." He pleaded, squeezing my hands lightly.

He was right. I don't think I could handle not having both parents. I did need my dad, whether I would have liked to admit it right now or not. He's always been my rock. I guess I have been hard on him. Maybe I changed all too quickly, and he didn't know how to react.

"Fine, but after tonight." I smiled.

"Sounds like a deal."

I gave him a kiss on the cheek and headed to my closet, looking for an outfit tonight. Harry sat on bed, leaning over the edge on the other side, doing god knows what.

"You should wear these." I could hear the smirk in his voice behind me.

He was probably snickering about the dress Grace bought me for my birthday last year, with a card telling me to 'spice it up, and show off the beautiful arse and curves you were born with.' I guess he found it in my clean clothes pile.