chapter 43

Chapter 43

Rae's Pov

After the cops asked us the same questions endless of times, just rephrasing them differently, they finally left. They assured us that these men would never try to hurt us again and that we're safe now. They said they were going to look into the business that was being run here by Hawk so this never happens again. It brings me a lot of relief, and I feel as if a huge weight has been lifted off my shoulders, and Harry probably feels the same way.

As of right now, Harry's mum is running around the house frantically calling people to fix her windows and walls. Will and Sara took my father to the hospital, just to make sure his injuries weren't serious.

It still feels surreal that any of this happened since it all took place so quickly. I couldn't even come to my senses at the time. It boggles my mind that someone could openly shoot into a house and try to kill numerous people, including a young child.

Harry was in the living room, and Charlotte now was upstairs trying to clean everything that was thrown on the floor in the midst of the madness. She manage to pick up all the broken glass, take out the pillows that were now in pieces because of the bullet holes, and bring people in to move out the furniture.

I was in the kitchen getting myself a glass from the cabinet to pour myself some water. As I was filling it up, I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I dropped the glass, being the true clumsy person I am, and turned around quickly. Only to face the most gorgeous eyes I have ever seen.

Harry was smiling and biting his lip to keep himself from laughing. I playfully hit his arm, stopping his laughter.

"Oh, did I frighten you?" he asked.

"Well considering what just happened, yeah just a tad," I said.

"I'm sorry," he said with big eyes and a pout. "I guess I will have to make it up to you."

He realised what he was saying and moved out of his arms. I think I understood what he was hinting at, but I also hoped he'd understand that I just need a few more days. Not now. Not after what happened.

I moved to the other side of the island. Harry's eyes lit up in amusement. He slowly walked around the island, as my feet took me away from him. He chuckled slightly, and raced around quickly to catch me.

"Looks like I won baby. What's my prize?" He wiggled his eyes suggestively.

I rolled my eyes and granted him with a single peck on the lips.

"That's it? Babe, c'mon." He pleaded.

I ignored him and wiggled out of his grip. I wasn't ready and this wasn't the time to do anything close to what he wanted.

"Rae....."

"Harry, no. I would love to give my all to you. But not now, damn it! After everything that just happened, all you're focusing on is your hormones and not how everyone is around you first. It's too soon."

"Everyone is okay. They understand. Babe, please. I just want you to forget for a while."

"Harry, do you really want me to remember my first time to be on this day?"

"I-no. I just wanted to make you forget." His head hung low.

"And I would, but only for that moment. But I would remember that time with you forever. I don't want to associate it with today. Just give it a few days, and I swear I'll be ready. But you need to focus on other things than me."

"Like who?" Harry raised his brow.

As if on que, small patters of footsteps could be heard behind us. Harry backed away, giving me one last small smile and quickly turned to find Evie to cater to whatever she wanted, and hopefully fast. He picked her up, asking her questions whilst he carried her to wants left of the living room. I followed suit, sitting next to Harry on the only sofa that was not damaged, whilst Evie sat on his lap.