chapter 10

It's been five days. Five days since I saw Harry. I didn't want to ignore him, and cut him out. But I couldn't bring myself to talk to him about what Aiden said. I was hoping what he said was false, and he only said that to mess with me.

Ever since then, I've felt different. It feels different being away from Harry. I've only known him for about a week, but we got really close that one day when we talked on his sofa for what seemed to be endless. I felt like I knew him better. I figured out his dislikes, his interest and his some of his odd habits. The time we spent together, and everything he told me, it's like a string attached to my heart. One string for each new thing I learned about him. And now, being away from Harry, those strings are tugging at my heart.

I'm not sure how long I've been my room. I've ignored most calls, and the persistence of my father begging me to come out. I wasn't crying, I wasn't upset, but staring at my white wall seemed to be what was best at the moment. It settled some thoughts, and ridded me of my cluttered mind. It was then when I heard a little knock at my door.

"Rae? Can I come in?" My dad quietly asked.

"Mhm." I hummed.

I was sat on middle of my bed, back to the hardboard, legs tucked underneath me, and eyes locked to the wall in front; not looking once at my dad.

"Rae, I mean this in the nicest way, but you look like a madman." He somewhat chucked.

I smiled tugged at my lips in his attempt to cheer me up, or to insult me. Either way, I ended up letting a small chuckle fall from my lips.

"Thanks," I reply smile.

"There's my Rae," He leaned forward lightly pinching my cheek between his thumb and forefinger. "Now how about you come downstairs for some food?"

"As long as you get your fingers off my face, and you order take-away." I told him, as my mood became happier.

"Fine, as long as you get out of this room, you can have whatever you want." He smiled, squeezing my cheek one last time before getting and walking away.

I got up to go downstairs to my awaiting father. I caught a glimpse of myself in my mirror, I didn't look well. My skin now paler from the lack of light, and my facial features more predominate from not eating the right nutrients for the past five days. I huffed before descending down the flight of stairs.

"What did you order, dad?" I asked taking seat on the stool.

"Just some pizza." He shrugged.

"You ordered it the way I like it, right?"

"Yes I did. Half the pie, pineapple, ham, ground beef, and peppers, just how you like it. And the other half with just cheese, how I like it." He winked.

"You're the best." I smiled.

The doorbell rang, echoing through the house.

"Anything for my weird taste in food, daughter." He walked toward the door to answer, but not before he ruffled my hair with fingers.

"Hey! It's a completely normal order!" I exclaimed.

He only laughed at my comment, retrieving his wallet and opening the door. He was handed the box in return the pizza boy received his money.

"Bon appetite." My father said in a fake French accent whilst kissing his finger tips and dramatically pulling away.

"You're something else," I laughed.

"I'm your father, I'm not supposed to be normal. My main job is to embarrass you. And by the tint in your cheeks, I say I'm doing my job fairly well." He smiled to me.