Epilogue

Epilogue

*5 years later*

Rae's Pov

*

I found myself wandering off to our backyard. Two years ago on this day, Harry and I bought our first real house. Two floors, massive kitchen, room to spare, and a beautiful meadow as far as the eye can see for a backyard.

My life has become more hectic than I could ever imagine when I agreed to move here with Harry. But I wouldn't trade my life now for anything. I had a beautiful wedding band on my left finger, and the house of my dreams.

My legs slowly pulled me towards the meadow of our backyard, where right on the very edge, I had Harry install a wooden swing. The largest tree we could find grew right before the start of our meadow, and the long branch held our swing we put up together. Our handprints were splattered on the wood, the justification that both of us had worked hard to put it up, and the remembrance of this day. This sweet beautiful day.

Taking a deep breath, my fingers drew around the wooden seat, and up the course rope. The little garden patch we planted next to the stump of the tree held our two favourite flowers, tulips and lillies. My eyes fluttered closed as I took a seat upon the swing, remembering the last time I had sat on our beautiful artwork.

*Flashback- 3 years ago*

"What is wrong with me! What have I done to deserve this!" I cried into my hands, gripping white plastic object.

My legs gave way, my body falling to the tile of our bathroom. I muffled my cries in my hands and let the tears flow freely down my face for what seemed to be hundredth time this month.

"Rae, please let me in." Harry softly knocked at the door.

"Leave Harry, I have nothing for you. You give me everything, and I can't give you the one thing you want. Please leave me be." I cried.

I cursed quietly under my breath, hearing the door handle jiggle and open. I should've locked it.

I felt Harry's hand gently rub my back up and down, like he always did to calm me down. Except today was different, and I wouldn't stop.

"Why are even here? I don't have anything to give to you!" I cried harder.

"Baby-Babe, stop it. Stop putting yourself through this every time. I'm not going anywhere, I never will. This ring on my finger proves it, and my heart won't allow it. It's going to be fine." Harry crouched down to my side, and pulled me into his arms.

"This all we've talked about for the last year, Harry. It's been four months of trying, and I can't get pregnant. I can't give you want you've always wanted."

Ever since the fourth time of having no success, my hopes have slowly vanished. I've always wanted kids, and so has Harry. Seeing his face when I told him that I wanted to start a family, made my heart melt. He's always talked about, saying Will needs to become an uncle because he's so good with kids. And that Evie needs a new friend to grow up with. This is all he's wanted since I married him, and now, I can't give it to him. Nothing breaks my heart more when I know the one thing he will ever want, I can't give.

"Maybe it's just not the right time. Maybe it's just your body telling you we're moving too fast, and we need to wait it out. It will happen eventually, and I'll be here for you, even if it doesn't."

"I-I need to speak with a doctor. I have to know if there's something wrong with me."

***

"Okay, Mrs. Styles, I'd like start off by saying, nothing is wrong with you, as in you've done nothing wrong. But, I can't say the same for your inherited traits. Checking your charts, it is possible for you to get pregnant, but it is very much more possible for you to end up like your mum had when she gave birth to you. It's almost a good thing you haven't conceived yet, because you would have ended up like your mum, had you decided to keep the baby. Going through most of the choices, it looks like you have Polycystic Ovary Syndrome aka PCOS. It's where your eggs haven't had the time to mature, but in rare cases in which they have, it can cause both severe damage to you and the child."