Chapter 8: Monster

Kakuzu, Sakura and Kisame walked back in silently. Until... "OI! GET THE F**K BACK HERE AND F**KING UNTIE ME!" Hidan shouted, nerve popping on top of his forehead.

The following day, Pein announced that Sakura's next teacher will be Deidara. 'The hell do I have to teach her, un? She killed danna, un!' Deidara thought as he sat their on his bed with his arms crossed over his chest.

He looked at his clock and found himself another hour before the training. 'Well danna is alive,un. So maybe I can forgive her, un. When she beat me of course, un.' He thought standing from his bed. He went straight towards the training grounds and saw Sakura waiting atop a tree.

"Let's start, un." Deidara said, sitting under a shady tree. Sakura jumped down and sat in front of him. "So what are you going to teach me, Deidara-sensei?" Sakura asked, smiling.

"I'll teach you how to control things with chakra, un." Deidara said. "Chakra strings?" Sakura asked, raising her eyebrow. "Nope, un. That's danna's specialty, un." Deidara said, pouting a little. "I control things with a ball of chakra, un." Deidara said.

"All you have to do is to insert the ball of chakra into the core of something and slowly spread it evenly through out the thing, un."

'A ball of chakra?' Sakura wondered. With that, Deidara molded clay birds. Sakura watched in interest as Deidara's mouths do their job. Deidara saw and almost immediately his eye saddened. 'She must think I'm a monster now, un. Only danna and that idiot appreciated my bloodline. Why should I care, un?' He thought.

Deidara showed Sakura the right way to do it. A few minutes later, clay birds are flying all around the training grounds. "You make them explode by rapidly forcing more chakra in, un. Add ten times the current chakra to make them as hard a steel, un. I don't use the latter though. It'll be a huge waste, un." Deidara explained, still not over the fact that Sakura must be thinking that he is a monster. Sakura nodded, understanding what he said. She looked in amazement as Deidara put his mouths to work once again. 'She's looking at me with disgust again, un.' Deidara thought.

Deidara stood up and put his hands on his waist. "Now, let's spar with clay birds, shuriken, kunai and basic jutsu's only, un." He said, smiling as he saw determination in Sakura's eyes. "I only have 50 clay birds. You have like another thousand with your clays!" Sakura said, accusingly pointing at Deidara. "You'll have to find a way then, un." Deidara said, grinning as he sent clay bird on Sakura's way. "Katsu!" With that said, the clay birds exploded. The smoke dispersed only to find no signs of Sakura being there.

Soon enough, 5 clay birds came flying towards Deidara. "Katsu!" A shout was heard when the clay birds came near Deidara. Deidara dodge before it can hit him.

A few minutes of fighting later Tobi walked in, not knowing that the training grounds are currently occupied. 'She's strong.' Tobi though as he sat by the corner, watching them in interest.

Sakura sent 15 clay birds from afar. She watched Deidara dodge every single one of them. 'How do I make a single scratch on him? Just a scratch will make me happy!' She thought, clenching her fists.

she unclenched her fists when she realized something. 'That's it.'

Quick Flashback...

"You make them explode by rapidly forcing more chakra in, un. Add ten times the current chakra to make them as hard a steel, un. I don't use the latter though. It'll be a huge waste, un." Deidara explained.

End of Flashback...

'I'm not meant to make them explode! I'm meant to make them as hard as steel!' Sakura thought. She looked around for a few minutes. She grabbed a hand full of leaves and ran towards Deidara at full sped. Deidara saw her and grinned as he sent clay birds towards her. "Katsu!" The explosion hit Sakura but she continued running.

Sakura sent clay birds on Deidara way, "Katsu!" She shouted. But this time, she kept a close distance with Deidara and threw the chakra filled leaves at him. 'What did she--?!' Deidara thought as his eyes widened when he felt cuts all over his body. The stitches that Kakuzu made were cut, making his arm fall off. "I lost, un." Deidara said, smiling as he sat down. Tobi stood up from his sit and silently walked away. 'You let an important flower whither, konoha.' He thought.

Sakura sat down infront of Deidara, grinning. "So, how'd I do?" She asked. "Amazing, un." Deidara said as he looked at his fallen arm. Sakura looked at his arm and picked it up. "I'll attach it back on you." Sakura said. Deidara nodded as Sakura sent soothing chakra on Deidara's arm. Slowly healing the tissues, nerves and attaching the bone.

"Ne," Sakura started, making Deidara look at her. "Maybe I can look at your hand sometime?" Sakura asked, smiling at him. "It looks too cool just to look at it while it does it's work." She continued, making Deidara's eye widen. 'So she doesn't think of me as a monster, un.' He thought with relief. Deidara grinned and stood up. "Sure, un!" Deidara said. "Let's go back in! I heard weasel will cook." Sakura said, grinning. They walked back in, chatting happily.

They entered the dining hall, sweaty and bruised up, making Itachi look at them as he set the plates down. "Fix yourselves before showing your faces to me." Itachi said monotonously, making Sakura and Deidara sweat drop. But eventually doing as Itachi said. If not, no dinner for them.

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I just want to say that I have made me some Ko-Fi page where you can tip me a "coffee" for my works! ☕️💖

It's just a small nook you can visit and support me on if you want to! I'm hoping to fill it with more stuff that's exclusively for the page so I can continue doing what I love doing (♡˙︶˙♡) Please stop by and leave a "coffee" for your sleep-deprived writer!💖

https://ko-fi.com/kaceabella

♡ ♡