Chapter 24: Troublesome Statues

"We can take this. You five go find the dark god." Kakuzu stated. Pein twitched at this. 'I'm taking orders from my member. MY MEMBER I say!' Pein thought. "Hn." Itachi said, as Konan lead the way.

"Katsu!" Deidara grinned as he saw the results of his artwork. His explotion alone managed to kill 1/5 of the black pythons. "I'll defeat more than you did, brat." Sasori said, smirking a little when Deidara twitched. Sasori brought out one puppet. His puppet took out a katana, and with one blow, it defeated the same amount of pythons Deidara did.

"I defeated more than you, danna, un!" Deidara shouted, grinning. "Did not, brat. It's obviously equal." Sasori retaliated, twitching at the result. "F**king sh*t!" Hidan shouted, making the other three look at his way. "You idiot." Kakuzu said as he saw Hidan entangled with the black pythons. Kakuzu sent his threads, and one by one, he pierced the snake, causing them to let go of Hidan. "These pythons barely put up a fight." Hidan said, swinging his scythe. "Yeah right. You were the one who got entangled not a minute ago." Kakuzu said, earning himself the finger from Hidan.

"They fight us with number, not with power." Sasori said, his puppet gracefully swinging its katana as more black pythons appeared. "More is coming, un." Deidara said, grinning as he started molding more clay.

Meanwhile, with Pein's group...

"Pein, look." Konan said, pointing at the two huge statues. An angel made of white marble and an angel made of black stone. "Look, something's written here." Kisame said, making everyone look his way. "Shall never perish." Kisame read from the white statue. "Can never be escaped." Tobi read from the other statue.

Then, just so suddenly, the ground began to shake Tobi and Kisame jumped away from the statue. Just in time when the statues began to move. "Just great." Kisame said, sighing. "Hn." Itachi stated.

Meanwhile, with Sakura and Zetsu...

"How are we--!" Zetsu was cut off when black vines wrapped tightly around Sakura's figure. "Sakura!" Zetsu shouted.

"Z-zetsu!" Sakura tried to shout, but the vines cut off her air passage. Sakura filled her hands with chakra and gripped the vines, hoping to crush it. But her hopes were in vain as the vines wrapped tighter around her neck.

Zetsu breathed deeply in and let it out slowly. Deep concentration can be seen in Zetsu's eyes. The vines stopped moving. It let go of Sakura and in a blink of an eye, it wither.

Meanwhile, with the artists and the zombie brothers...

"Look, un. That one snake has a gem on its head, un." Deidara pointed, making the others look. "Let's see what it f**king does." Hidan said, destroying the gem with his scythe, shattering it. One by one the pythons were engulfed in darkness and disappeared. "Come on, let's go after the others we're wasting money here." Kakuzu said, leading the way. "What f**king money?" Hidan mumbled under his breath.

They caught up with Pein's group not a minute later. "What the f**k happened here?" Hidan asked as the stone statue tried attacking Itachi. Just then, both the statue's eyes glowed purple. Deidara grunted as a pillar of stone stabbed him from behind. "Deidara!" Sasori shouted as he ran towards him, avoiding the pillars.

"I don't think our justsu has any effect in these things." Konan said as Itachi blasted the statues with series of fire jutsu. This time, the statue's eyes glowed blue. A large amount of water appeared from thin air. "You shouldn't fight a shark with water." Kisame said, grinning as he ran towards the statue, making series of handsigns. "Water style: water shark bomb jutsu!" Kisame shouted. But before the attack can collide, the statues' eyes turned white.

They waited the see if it worked. "F**k." Hidan said as a white spherical object surrounds the statues' figures. The statues' eyes turned red this time. The flood started boiling up, creating a mist. Everyone in the room eyed the statue, cautious of what it'll do next. Hidan's eyes widened when a huge fireball suddenly appeared before him. "Hidan, get out of the way!" Kisame shouted, making handsigns. "Great waterfall technique!" Kisame shouted.

A huge amount of water rose and streams down to the ground towards the huge fireball. A huge amount of mist appeared as the water was evaporated and the fire was dispersed. "Hidan, duck." Sasori said, attaching chakra strings to Hidan, making him hit his face on the ground. Just then, a familiar pink haired lady came flying in with her fist pulled back. "Shanaro!" She shouted.

To Be Continued...