Chapter 61: Goodbye, Sensei

Sakura stood from her seat and hugged Sasuke, letting him cry on her shoulder. "You already did, Sasuke. Your eye was enough for him to hear you. He heard you loud and clear. Thank you, Sasuke." Sakura said, rubbing circles on his back. "This is goodbye for now." She whispered, as she felt Sasuke hug her tighter. Sakura sent soothing chakra into Sasuke's system. A few moments later, Sasuke's hug became loose. Sakura settled Sasuke back down on his bed as she put the blanket on him. Sakura wiped Sasuke's tears away. "See you some time again, Sasuke." Sakura whispered, smiling as she let a tear fall, walking out of Sasuke's room.

Everyone stood within the gates of the Konoha village along with Kakashi and Naruto."Naruto, thank you. For a short time you were a reliable ally." Pein said, nodding at Naruto's way. "What can I say? You're not too bad yourself, dattebayo!" Naruto said, grinning. "Well then, we'll be on our way." Konan said. "Take care of the kids for us, alright, un?" Deidara said, waving at Naruto. "I'm sure Iruka-sensei will dbe a great teacher for them, tebayo!" "Good luck with the Hyuuga." Sasori said, making Hidan laugh and Naruto blush. "Send our regards to the Hokage." Kakuzu said. Naruto nodded with a grin.

"Well then Naruto, look after Sasuke. He needs it." Sakura said smiling as they ran back towards their base with Kisame carrying Itachi on his back. Before leaving, Sakura took the time to cover Itachi's to prevent the virus and bacteria from entering Itachi's wounds.

A few minutes of silence and running later, Sakura spoke. "Well then, can someone tell me why Kakashi-sensei is still with us?" She asked, making everyone twitch.

"He was tasked to escort us back to our base by Tsunade." Pein smoothly reasoned with Sakura. "Ok then." She said, making everyone silently breathe a sigh of relief.

The travel continued with silence, a few hours of running later, they arrived in their headquarters. Sakura was about to retire to her room until Kakashi called for her. "Sakura, do you have the time?" He asked. "Of course." With that, the two went out to a nearby village. They sat in underneath a shade of a tree as they watched passersby live their own lives.

"I have something to tell you." Kakashi opened up. "Lay it on me, sensei." Sakura said with a bright smile on her face. "I only have a few hours." Kakashi stated. He looked at Sakura and saw her looking down at her hands with a weak smile on her face. "I know." Kakashi's eye widened partially at her response.

"I'm a medic, sensei, I know things as complicated as this. When you fought Kabuto to protect me, you used chakra which you never got back during our three day stay in Konoha." Sakura explained. "I came to a conclusion that your system is slowly depreciating. It's dying."

A few moments of silence had passed again. "Well, then. Instead of a teary goodbye, why don't we make this a fun parting?" Kakashi said. Sakura looked up at him in confusion. "Show your sensei how strong you've become for the last time, Sakura." He said, smiling as he stood up. "I'll make you proud until the end, Kakashi-sensei!" Sakura stood up. She put on her glove and lunged at Kakashi at full speed.

They engaged in a tai jutsu battle. Sakura sent a punch towards Kakashi which he caught and sent his own kick. Sakura caught the kick, soon after Kakashi sent her another kick with his other leg. Which Sakura also caught. Kakashi had a smirk under his mask. "Just hitting me would make me proud." He stated as he twisted his torso and made his legs follow afterwards, flipping Sakura over with his legs. Sakura grunted and quickly got back up. "This is our final fight, Kakashi-sensei. Let's do this until we're down!" Sakura said, grinning.

They continued to battle head on for a few more hours until Sakura finally hit Kakashi with her normal punch, sending him a few feet away. "I'd just like to imagine your chakra filled punch if this one already sent me a few feet." He said, sweatdropping.

Kakashi took the time to catch his breath as Sakura lunged at him once more.

Kakashi smiled as he saw his hands slowly disappear. "Sakura. Come here." Kakashi said, removing his mask to reveal a lovely smile. He opened his arms signalling Sakura for a hug. Sakura's tears finally fell as she ran for her sensei and hugged her sensei tightly, afraid of letting go. "You made me proud Sakura. I'll continue to watch over you. Until then, live on." Kakashi patted her head. With those final words, Kakashi disappeared leaving Sakura to hug the thin air. Sakura knelt down as she continued to cry.

"Goodbye, Kakashi-sensei. I promise to live."

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I just want to say that I have made me some Ko-Fi page where you can tip me a "coffee" for my works! ☕️💖

It's just a small nook you can visit and support me on if you want to! I'm hoping to fill it with more stuff that's exclusively for the page so I can continue doing what I love doing (♡˙︶˙♡) Please stop by and leave a "coffee" for your sleep-deprived writer!💖

https://ko-fi.com/kaceabella

♡ ♡