Chapter 59: An Eye For An Eye

Konan summoned her paper, a centimeter away from Kabuto, her papers were burnt to ashes. Kakashi took out a kunai and ran for Kabuto. His eyes widened when he saw white locks infront of him. "No." He whispered as his eyes widened.

Sakura pushed Kakashi back as she rushed within Itachi's flames with her fist pulled back. She gritted her teeth. Instead of screaming in agony, she shouted "Shanaro!" Her fist came close to Kabuto's neck, the closer she got, the more pain and burns she received. Kabuto was sent back flying with crushed esophagus and lungs. Kabuto remained motionless in his spot.

"F-finally." Sakura whispered, fainting from blood lost she got from the flames and burns. The Akatsuki and Kakashi stared at Sakura with horrified looks in their eyes. "S-sakura!" Itachi broke the silence. Itachi ran towards Sakura, examining her wounds. Kisame rushed to Sakura's side and performed a handsign, a moment later, a miniature water vortex formed in his palm, he aided Sakura's burns as much as he can. Kakashi stepped in and wrapped Sakura's major burns with a damp cloth.

Sasori approached Sakura and Itachi with the help of Deidara. "Sakura have third degree burns." Sasori statedl. "You call that third degree burns?! She f**king had her bone out for everyone to see!" Hidan exclaimed. That very moment, Tobi appeared. "Tobi is sorry because Tobi was busy. Tobi is a go--!!" Tobi suddenly stopped his sentence, as his eyes lied upon Sakura and Itachi.

Tobi wasted no time and teleported everyone to a campsite with numerous of tents and numerous of Konoha medics running around. "Warn us next time, you idiot, un!" Deidara shouted, twitching. "Tobi is sorry, Deidara-senpai! Tobi is a good boy!"

"Heal her." Pein ordered, making everyone look his way only to see the Fifth Hokage of Konoha and her assistant. "I'll pay you for as much as you want." Kakuzu suddenly said, making everyone's eyes widen. "I don't need your money." Tsunade coldly said, walking through the group and towards Sakura.

"Do something funny and I won't hesitate to kill you." Itachi coldy said, pointing a kunai at Tsunade's neck. Tsunade ignored Itachi and took Sakura. "Shizune, take the plant man and the Uchiha. Order the other available medics to aid the other Akatsuki members including Kakashi." Tsunade ordered. "Hai." Shizune replied, following Tsunade's orders.

A few hours has passed and all the Akatsuki members including Kakashi have finally been aided. They waited, hoping that Sakura will be alright, hoping that Sakura will still be smiling the same way she used to at them. Tsunade finally came out of the tent. Everyone waited for Tsunade to speak.

"Sakura is alright. She unconsciously healed herself very slowly. She'd be suffering more major damages if Kisame hadn't taken action and aided her burns." Tsunade nodded at Kisame as thanks, in which he replied to with another nod. They finally let out a sigh of relief upon hearing this.

But now that Konoha will return to normal in a few days, surely konoha will request Sakura to come back, since Sakura's banishing is merely the act of Kabuto's jutsu. The only problem they are currently facing is the fact that Sakura can go back to Konoha anytime she wants, the fact that she can leave the Akatsuki anytime she wants.

"Tomorrow, we are going back to the village. I want you to stay another few days so that we can monitor your recovery." Tsunade opened up. "That's rather suspiscious, wouldn't you say, Tsunade?" Sasori said. "If Sakura's awake, this is what she'll be wanting. Let's agree upon a temporary seize fire. You are to not target the kyubi for as long as you are staying in my village." Tsunade stated, looking sternly at Pein. "Very well, in return you are not to target any of my members during our stay, if not, the seize fire will be void." Pein stated.

With that, Tsunade and Pein shook hands as a sign of their contracts being sealed.

"Tsunade-sama!" Shizune ran towards Tsunade with a fear stricken face. Shizune received questioning looks from the group. "I-it's Itachi-san's eyes!" Without further ado, Tsunade made her way towards Itachi's tent. Tsunade's eyes widened when her sight landed on Itachi's bloody eyes.

A few days later....

Sakura's eyes opened only to see an unfamiliar white ceiling. She looked around before sitting up. She looked down and saw her arms covered in bandages. "Sakura-chan! Thank god you're awake, dattebayo!" Naruto exclaimed, walking beside Sakura's bed along with Kisame. "I'm glad you're safe, Naruto." Sakura smiled. "Zetsu took me the moment those kids arrived and brought me to a safe place. Dattebayo." Naruto grinned.

"How long was I out?" Sakura asked. "For a whole day. Sasori and Kakuzu are still resting. Turns out Kabuto's jutsu did a toll on their chakra storage." Kisame explained. "Where are we?" "In Konoha, dattebayo." Naruto grinned the moment he saw Sakura smile. "Where are the kids?" "Iruka-san took them out. You know, to let them rest easy." Kisame answered. "And Kabuto?" "Hidan chopped him up and offered him to Jashin before agreeing with Zetsu to bury him twenty feet underground." "Wow. Such drastic measures." Sakura answered, twitching. "I know, dattebayo." Kisame also nodded in agreement.

"Oh, look, b**ch is already awake." Hidan said, smirking as he made his way towards the small group with Tobi, Pein and Konan. "Sakura, how are your arms?" Konan asked. "They've seen better days." Sakura shrugged, laughing. "Sakura-chan, right now Tobi think you should heal---!!" Tobi was tackled down by Kisame, Hidan and Naruto. Naruto covered Tobi's mouth over his mask, Hidan strangled Tobi and Kisame sat on Tobi's stomach. "What?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow.

Pein sighed at this. "What he ment to say was, maybe you should uhh....you should..." Kisame was saved. "Hear us out, dattebayo!" Naruto continued. "Yeah uhh... when you f**king uhh... get better, maybe we can f**king hangout like those sh**ty old times?" Hidab asked chuckling awkwardly. "Sure." Sakura gleefully answered, giving them a warm smile.

"I see you're awake." Tsunade said, entering the room with a clipboard at hand. "Thank you for temporarily taking us in, Tsunade-sama." Sakura said, bowing. "It's the least I can do for the village's saviors." Tsunade asnwered. "By the way, where are the others?" Sakura asked. "Deidara stayed with Sasori and Kakuzu." Kisame answered. "Kakashi-sensei went into the village." Naruto answered. "And Zetsu went with the kids and Iruka." Konan answered.

"Oh." Sakura said. "What about Itachi?" She asked, making the other's eyes widen. "Itachi-senpai is--!" Tobi was cut off with Tsunade's and Pein's glare. "He's still in the operating room." Pein stated. A look of fear flashed in Sakura's eyes. "His right eye is completely destroyed. His left eye's cornea and iris was burnt, maybe due to him using his Mangekyo Sharingan to that extent." Tsunade stated. "All I can do right now is prevent his right eye from decomposing." Tsunade said.

What Sakura said next shocked everyone in the room.

"Give him my right eye."

To Be Continued...