Chapter 23: Split Up

"We were able to gather a few amount of information." Konan stated. "We're at the end of the village known as the cloud tree. Rock dwellers and cloud guardians are one of the examples of the minions of the 'god' they were talking about." Pein stated. "The tree was talking to us a few hours back." Sakura said. "It said 'help me. Help me, the dark god turned me into a tree'" Sakura continued. Sakura turned when she heard a groan. "Zetsu, are you alright?" Sakura said, running beside Zetsu, checking his vital points. "The tree...it went inside my dream." Zetsu said.

"What was the dream about?" Pein asked monotonously. "Leader?" Zetsu said in shock. "We just got here." Konan stated. "The dream was about a boy with the same skin color as me, black and white....."

Dream...

The boy along with his bestfriend were peacefully leading a village, the village hidden in the clouds 40 years ago. He was together with a woman who secretly despised him. He thought that they were living happily. Until one day, the woman killed his bestfriend. That very day, a dwarf came to him and told him that he was a god and that he was to protect that very village he is leading. The boy, not keeping up with the stress, fell into deep depression and eventually split in half.

The dark god and the light god. These two got into a fight about who should lead the village. Then the dark god got mad, sealing the light into a tree right at the end of the village where no one would come. That very place is where all the executions are done, causing the light god to see the unnecessary deaths of his villagers. And up to this day, the light god resides in the tree and the village is being lead by the dark god.

End of Dream...

"That's all I remember from my dream." Zetsu said. Pein nodded at this. "Pein, the paper." Konan said as she caught a black paper. "What is it?" He asked. "It's black, and it returned. I'm sure it was white when I sent it to look for an exit." Konan said, eyeing the paper intensely.

Pein nodded and called out for Sakura, making her turn to him. "I'm giving you a mission, along with Zetsu, your mission is to free the light god. I believe it's the only way for us to get out of here." Pein said, looking around. "The dark god will surely attack you. So we'll be taking care of that. We leave when everyone have rested." He continued. "Hai, Pein-sama." Sakura said, bowing.

A few hours later, everyone woke up with Sakura checking their vital points. "Move out." Pein said. Sakura and Zetsu ran the opposite way, towards the tree. "How are we going to be able to free the light god, from the tree?" Zetsu asked, looking at Sakura. Sakura turned to him, grinning. "Teehee. No idea." She said.

Zetsu sweat dropped at this. "Don't grin and teehee me when you're going say something like that." He said, smiling as he sighed. A few minutes later, the two came upon the tree with no problem. "The leaves of this tree looked like cotton from afar. But when you look closely, those are actually clouds." Sakura said, taking in the breathtaking scenery before her.

"How are we--!" Zetsu was cut off when black vines wrapped tightly around Sakura's figure. "Sakura!" Zetsu shouted.

Mean while...

The group came upon a clearing. Itachi glared at the scenery. "Kai." He said, lifting the genjutsu. The background got blurry. A few seconds later the group appears to be in the middle of black pythons, in a cave. "F**k." Hidan simply said as he takes a hold of his scythe. "Defeating the dark god won't be easy, un." Deidara stated, molding his clay figures. "We can see that brat." Sasori said, taking out two of his puppets.

"We can take this. You five go find the dark god." Kakuzu stated. Pein twitched at this. 'I'm taking orders from my member. MY MEMBER I say!' Pein thought. "Hn." Itachi said, as Konan lead the way.

To Be Continued...