Chapter 32: Dog Days II.V

The leader stared in fear and scurried away, leaving his comrades behind. "What a rotten person, leaving his comrades behind for his own safety." Sakura whispered to herself as she let Kakuzu down. Sakura twitched when she saw Kakuzu glare at her. 'You took too long!' Kakuzu thought. Sakura scratched the back of her neck and said "I have no idea what you are thinking but I'm so sorry." "B-but eitherway, let's go! I swear, I get ambushed a little too much!" Sakura said, grabbing Kakuzu and running at full speed to finish her mission.

They came upon a mansion. They both masked their chakra and hid within the compound. "So Sugaru Hayate has arrived." A man with deep voice said, staring down at a maid. "Yes, he is waiting outside. Please inform young master." She said. 'Outside huh?' Sakura thought, vanishing into thin air.

She appeared on a branch and saw a man in his mid 30's, wearing a men's yukata, impatiently waiting. Sakura knocked the man out and transformed into him, hiding his body within the bushes. Sakura hid Kakuzu in the Yukata and returned in front of the door, just in time when it opened.

"We're sorry to make you wait, Sugaru-sama." A maid said, bowing. "You shouldn't make a respectable man such as I wait." Sakura said, acting like Sugaru. "Please Meet our young master." The maid said. Sakura nodded as the maid lead the way. Sakura entered a dimly lit room. "Ah, Sugaru-sama, please, have a sit." A man said.

The man gave Sakura a suspicious smile as Sakura sat. "Now, going to business." The man started. "The illegal drugs that you handed to me was too little compared to the amount that we payed." He said. "Now how are we going to fix that?" He continued, smirking. 'Illegal drugs, huh?' Sakura thought. Her train of thoughts was cut off when the man threw a kunai at her.

Sakura dodged as she jumped back from the man. "Oh my, I never thought that Sugara-sama would have fast reflexes as that." He said, smirking. "And here I thought it would take me a few hours before I get to reveal myself." Sakura said, grinning as a puff of smoke engulfed her figure. The smoke dispersed, revealing the bright pink hair of Sakura.

The man smirked as he recognized Sakura from the bingo books. "How nice of the money to run into my palms." He said, taking out a katana. "I won't die that easily." Sakura smirked, putting on her gloves. They both lunged at each other at full speed. Sakura blocked the katana with her kunai. Sakura turned when she heard a tiny grunt. "You shouldn't turn your back against your enemies." The man said, successfully making a big slash on Sakura's back.

Sakura gritted her teeth, trying not to shout in pain as she jumped back. Her eyes narrowed when she saw Kakuzu being held on the neck by the maid. "Kakuzu-san!" She shouted, earning herself a bark. 'Don't mind me, you idiot!' She glared at the man as she heard him laugh. "Don't you dare make a single wound on Kakuzu-san!" Sakura shouted as she saw the maid take out a kunai. "He's going to be dinner and you are going to be money." The man said, running towards Sakura at full speed again.

Sakura grunted as she blocked the katana. 'He got stronger.' Sakura thought. Kakuzu grunted again as the maid's gripped got tighter, pointing the kunai on his neck. Sakura's eyes widened when she saw fireballs coming her way. Sakura smiled as she successfully dodged each fireball. 'I badly thank Itachi for improving my speed.' She thought.

The man saw an opening and took it, appeared behind Sakura and pointed his katana on her neck, preventing her from moving. The puppy let out a small whimper, making Sakura's eyes narrow as the maid made a small cut on his neck. "How dare you?" She whispered as she smelt blood. "I wouldn't be doing anything if I were you." The man whispered in Sakura's ear.

'Deidara.' Sakura suddenly thought of her lesson with Deidara, shadows covering her eyes, making the man think that she's given up and laugh in victory. 'You make them explode by rapidly forcing more chakra in, un.' What Deidara said rang in Sakura's head. "I'm sorry, but I'm going to have to take another life." She whispered.

Sakura suddenly gripped the man's hand with one hand and forced a huge amount of chakra in him, causing the man to shout in pain. The maid's eyes narrowed, pulling her kunai back, readying to stab Kakuzu. Sakura raised her free hand and chakra strings shot out through her finger tips, successfully preventing the maid from moving and accidentally letting go of Kakuzu and the kunai. "Katsu." Sakura said, grinning as the man behind her exploded into bits. 'Sakura!' Kakuzu thought, staring at the explosion.

The smoke dispersed and Kakuzu saw a figure kneeling on it's knees and hands. The figure disappeared and reappeared behind the maid, knocking the maid out. Kakuzu heard a thump behind him and saw a severely wounded Sakura lying on her front, panting heavily. Kakuzu ran towards Sakura and pulled on her hair.

"Ka...kuzu." Sakura whispered. Her eyes narrowed when she saw unfamiliar shoes behind Kakuzu. "What have you done to my son?!" The man shouted, staring in horror at the scene. Sakura chuckled and swiftly pulled out a kunai, throwing it right on the man's chest, successfully hitting his heart. "To think that...I took...two lives in a day." Sakura whispered, sighing.

"Kakuzu-san. Please come...closer." Sakura weakly whispered, staring at the sunset. Kakuzu did as he was told. His eyes widened when he felt soothing chakra on the wound of his neck. "Ah. There goes...the last of...my strength." Sakura whispered, smiling as her eyes closed. 'You idiot! Wake up!' Kakuzu thought, barking as he tried to wake Sakura up.

To Be Continued...