Chapter 26: Let's Go Back Home

"Now." Kakuzu said, finding an opening. His hands emerged from the ground, he grabbed the man's hands and pulled towards the ground. "Itachi!" He shouted. Itachi nodded and threw two kunai at full strength, causing those to crack. "Not enough." He monotonously said. "On it!" Kisame said, jumping as he neared the man. He let out a battle cry and used Samehada to dig both the kunai deeper, causing the crystals to shatter.  With that, the man's body dispersed, leaving no trace behind. The group took the time to rest. They were suddenly on their guards when they heard foot steps approach them. "I'm so glad you succeeded." A voice said.

Everyone got into a stance but soon lowered their weapons when they saw Zetsu carrying an unconscious guy on his back. "You succeeded!" Sakura exclaimed grinning. "I told you to have faith in me." Zetsu said, sweat dropping. "All I did was make the tree wither. He wasn't turned into a tree. The dark god locked him in a tree." Zetsu said, laying the guy down on the ground. "What an idiot." Hidan muttered as Sakura checked the man's vital sign.

The guy's eyes fluttered open. "You...saved the village." He said, tearing up. "Thank you." He said, grovelling. "Raise your head." Pein said. And the God did so. "I am weak. I do not deserve to lead a village for I have caused harm to my people. Please, lead it in my stead. I am too ashamed to face my people." He said, looking down. "I cannot lead two villages at the same time. I need you to lead this village and give us guidance. Likewise, we shall do the same." Pein monotonously said. "An alliance?" The god asked, making Pein nod. The god smiled and said "It would be an honor to form an alliance with our savior."

"Your people are waiting for your return." Pein said, giving him a barely visible smile. The group returned outside, where they saw the villagers awaiting for their god with tears in their eyes. The villagers ran towards their god and hugged him tightly with tears of joy streaming down their faces. "Let's go home." Pein said. Deidara nodded and created giant clay birds.

"Wait, you're going back home already?" The same old man from back then said, calling out to Pein and Konan. Pein simply nodded. "Nee-chan! Thank you for saving us!" Cici said, making Konan smile and nod at her. "Come back to visit, alright? We wouldn't mind having you around." The old man said, laughing as did the other villagers. "We will." Pein said. With that, the Akatsuki returned home.

The following day...

Sakura groaned as she stared at the ceiling of her room, lying down on the bed. "My body hurts." She muttered. "I shouldn't have fought in the cloud village with heavy weights on. Well, that's my own fault." She said, sitting up. She opened the door and saw Sasori about to knock. "Training in an hour, Sakura." He said, smiling as he walked away. Sakura groaned and flexed her shoulders. "Better get ready." She said, walking back in her room.

An hour later, Sakura entered the training grounds and saw Sasori sitting under a shade. "You're late." He said, glaring at Sakura. "I'm right on time. You're just too early." She said, twitching as Sasori stood up. "I'll teach you how to control things with chakra strings. They come in handy at times." Sasori said, smiling.  "Chakra strings?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow.

"This is how they are handy." Sasori said, throwing a shuriken on the other side of the training grounds. He attached a string then the shuriken came flying right back at them. Sakura took a step to the side and saw the shuriken hit the place where she was just at. "I thought they were just for puppets." Sakura muttered. "Let's begin." Sasori said.

To Be Continued...