Chapter 31: Dog Days II

Sakura entered her bathroom and got ready as Kakuzu sat on her bed, waiting for her to finish. A few minutes later, a refreshed Sakura walked out. Kakuzu stood up wagging his tail as he walked towards the dining room with Sakura hot on his trails. "Puppy! Deidara-senpai! Tobi found a puppy!" Tobi shouted, giving Kakuzu a bone crushing hug. 'Let go you over-grown kid!' Kakuzu thought, gasping for air. "You'll kill it, un!" Deidara said, hitting Tobi over the head, causing Tobi to let go of the puppy. 'I'm realizing the terrors of being a puppy.' Kakuzu thought, hiding behind the laughing Sakura.

"Oh, whose the puppy?" Kisame asked, eyeing the puppy as Kakuzu hid behind Sakura. "Kakuzu." Itachi said, making Deidara, Tobi and Kisame look at Itachi in shock. "Kakuzu(-senpai) owns a puppy(,un)?!" They asked, all at the same time. Itachi shook his head and pointed at the puppy. "That's Kakuzu." Itachi nonotonously said, making the three look back to back at Itachi and Kakuzu.

"Kakuzu, un?" Deidara asked, poking the puppy's side, making the puppy jump back in fear. "Oh, rag doll, still a s**ty puppy I see!" Hidan said, grinning evilly as he looked closely at Kakuzu. Kakuzu growled as Hidan flicked Kakuzu's nose, causing Kakuzu to cover his nose with his paws.

'You're the reason why I'm a puppy you bastard!' Kakuzu thought. "Oi, Hidan. I don't think you should be doing that." Kisame said, grabbing an apple as Itachi pointed towards Sakura. "Why the fu--!!" Hidan was cut off when he turned to a very annoyed Sakura.

"You do not do that to a puppy." Sakura menacingly said, smiling and emitting a very scary aura, causing Hidan to shudder in fear. "Yes, ma'am." Hidan said, shakingly saluting Sakura. "Puppy-chan is so cute!!" Tobi said as Kakuzu removed his paw from his nose. 'This damned over grown kid.' Kakuzu thought twitching. "Kakuzu-san, let's have breakfast." Sakura said, smiling as Kakuzu followed her. "That woman is scary, un." Deidara whispered to himself.

An hour later Sakura was called to Pein's office again. Sakura grabbed her robe in her room, ignoring the strawhat and immediately went to Pein's office. "Pein-sama?" Sakura bowed, entering his office. "Sakura, I called you here for a mission." Pein said. "It's an infiltration mission. Gather information to find out who leads a certain organization and kill the leader. I expect you to return by night." Pein continued. "Hai, Pein-sama. But what about Kakuzu-san?" Sakura asked. "You take him with you." Pein said as Sakura looked at Pein in shock. "But Pein-sama, Kakuzu-san is a helpless puppy right now. He might get killed." Sakura said. "You have to protect him then. Dismissed." Pein said. Sakura sighed and bowed, leaving the room.

'I'm a puppy, I can't do a single jutsu.' Kakuzu grumpily thought, twitching as the two walked down the dirt path. "I'm so sorry about this Kakuzu-san." Sakura said, sweat dropping. "I swear I tried talking to Pein-sama about this." She said, earning herself a bark. 'Don't bother. He's unlikely to change decisions anyway.'

"Let's hurry." Sakura said, smiling as they jumped on a tree branch. Sakura turned when she heard a sound. "Wah! Kakuzu-san!" Sakura said as she found Kakuzu lying on the ground on his back with a red face. 'I can't believe I hit the branch with my face.' Kakuzu thought. Sakura jumped down and carried the puppy in her arms. "I'll carry you. It seems like even your agility was also taken." Sakura said, laughing as Kakuzu growled.

Kakuzu's ear twitched as he looked up at Sakura. Sakura looked down and nodded, understanding what he meant. Sakura hopped down on a clearing, awaiting their ambush. A few seconds later, a group of bounty hunters surrounded them. "Look what we have here." One said, smirking as he took out a kunai. "Oh! Look, look! Her ninken has scars!" One said, grinning. "It'll probably cost fortunes!" Another said, earning a growl and a glare from Sakura.

Sakura put Kakuzu inside her cloak, earning herself a bark. 'What the hell are you doing?! It's cramped up in here! 200 yen for this!' Kakuzu thought. "To keep you safe just for a few seconds please, Kakuzu-san." Sakura whispered, smiling awkwardly. Kakuzu barked again, settling himself in her cloak. 'Fine. Better not keep me in here for too long.'

Just then, one of the men attacked Sakura from behind. "It's cowardly to attack from behind, don't you think?" Sakura asked, raising an eyebrow as she dodged the man and hit his pressure point. Another man did so, but this time, Sakura sent a kick on his stomach. The leader got tensed as he saw two of his members get incapacitated all too quickly by the hands of this Akatsuki member. "A-all of you! Go get her!" The leader commanded. "You shouldn't be taking on an Akatsuki member with this kind of power." Sakura said, sending all the hunters into the air.

The leader stared in fear and scurried away, leaving his comrades behind. "What a rotten person, leaving his comrades behind for his own safety." Sakura whispered to herself as she let Kakuzu down. Sakura twitched when she saw Kakuzu glare at her. 'You took too long!' Kakuzu thought. Sakura scratched the back of her neck and said "I have no idea what you are thinking but I'm so sorry." "B-but eitherway, let's go! I swear, I get ambushed a little too much!" Sakura said, grabbing Kakuzu and running at full speed to finish her mission.

To Be Continued...

____________________________________________________________________________

A/N: I just want to say that I have made me some Ko-Fi page where you can tip me a "coffee" for my works! ☕️💖

It's just a small nook you can visit and support me on if you want to! I'm hoping to fill it with more stuff that's exclusively for the page so I can continue doing what I love doing (♡˙︶˙♡) Please stop by and leave a "coffee" for your sleep-deprived writer!💖

https://ko-fi.com/kaceabella

♡ ♡