Chapter 4 - Part 1: "Now I'm bare foot!"

So, this chapter would have been super long had I not divided it up. And, I figured I should upload because  I'm going out of town this weekend, so I can't then.

Random picture of Lilly on the side and random song too...

Enjoy!<3

**********

Chapter 4 - Part 1

Jack’s POV

I began to lean in. I wanted to kiss her so badly. It seemed like she wanted to kiss me, too. I wanted to kiss her, and never let go. I would protect her from anything out to harm her. All I needed to do was kiss her, and she’d be mine forever.

“Kaylyn!”

Kaylyn and I snapped our heads to the person who might as well have been asking for their hands to be cut off. It was her brother.

“Don’t wanna be doing that now, do we?” he said as he walked over and casually slung his arm around her shoulder. He glared at me. In response, I held my hands up as if to back off. “I don’t suppose Jack has forgotten what I said earlier.”

“No, I haven’t,” I said quickly. AJ smiled.

“Good,” he replied.

“AJ, I think grandma wanted to talk to you,” Kaylyn said. I gave her a grateful look.

“Oh, okay,” he said before leaving.

“Thank you!” I cried when he was out of ear shot. Kaylyn smiled at me.

“You’re cute,” she said, not realizing what she was saying. A smug look came across my face.

“Oh, you think I’m cute, do you?” I teased.

“I-I didn’t say that,” she stammered. “I mean, I didn’t mean it like that, I. . . .” I chuckled at her loss for words.

“It’s okay, you’re finally normal,” I said with a wink. I got to go meet some of her family, including her mom and her dad, and I felt like I won them over. Once the party was over, I didn’t want to have to leave.

“Are you sure I have to go?” I whined when I was the last guest. “I can help you clean up!”

“Fine, you can stay,” Kaylyn sighed. “Just stop your whining.”

“Okay!” I cried cheerfully and began to help clean up all the plates and cups scattered throughout the house. She had a big family, I could definitely say that.

An hour later the house was clean and we went to her room. Kaylyn grabbed the huge stack of envelopes she got as presents and we headed upstairs.

“Gosh, I’m tired now,” I said as I threw myself back on her bed. Kaylyn sat at her desk and began to sort through all her envelopes.

“Can you help me open all these?” she asked.

“Sure,” I said. She handed me a fat stack and I began to go through them. “‘Kaylyn, my favorite granddaughter whose name starts with k.’ What the heck?” I started laughing, but she shot me a look.

“My family is a little . . . kooky,” she admitted.

“Kooky?” I repeated, still laughing. “You must be at least a little crazy to say the word kooky!” She stuck her tongue out at me and carried on with all her envelopes. I, too, got back to the task at hand.

Forty minutes later, through laughing and joking about what people had said in the cards, we were finally done. I counted out the cash from the cards in my stack then the checks.