Chapter 23: "I like to spoil you."

Hey Leah, I uploaded!

**********

Chapter 23

Kaylyn’s POV

Friday morning passed quickly. My living arrangements were front cover on every newsstand across the country. How they even got around that quickly, I had no clue. Jack took me for a drive on Sunset Boulevard to get my mind off things, and it sure worked.

I had to go to a doctors appointment, and I was able to take off the wrap that protected my wrist. Apparently the injury had been better than they’d originally thought, so it hadn’t taken too long to heal.

We had lunch at the most amazing seafood place, but once we got home, Jack had something in store for me.

“What do you mean we have plans for tonight?” I questioned as we walked into the house.

“I mean, we have plans for tonight,” Jack replied quizzically. His brown eyes were playful and light, but his smile told me that he was hiding something. I threw a glare at him when he didn’t elaborate, causing him to roll his eyes. “Go upstairs.”

I rolled my eyes, too, then stomped up the stairs. “I hope you know that I don’t particularly like surprises!” I called from the top of the steps.

“It’s not too much of a surprise,” he yelled back. I looked around for some clue as to what I was supposed to be doing. I sighed, looking down at my shoes. I spotted a big black arrow drawn on a piece of paper and taped to the floor. It pointed to the right. I turned down the hall, then saw another arrow. I was led into the bathroom, where a note hung on the shower door. “Take a shower, then we’ll talk.” I sighed in frustration; he would wait to give me a direct answer.

Ripping the paper down, I threw it in the trash can and opened the shower taps. Once the water was warm enough, I jumped in. I was about to use Jack’s shampoo yet again, when I spotted a bottle of my favorite watermelon shampoo. I smiled, not knowing or caring how Jack knew it. He had even bought me the accompanying conditioner and shower gel.

Who could ask for a better boyfriend? Wait, I meant to say fake boyfriend . . . .Definitely my fake boyfriend!

When I was done in the shower, I put on a robe that was hanging off a random hook. I went downstairs and saw Jack drying his hair with a towel, wearing a different pair of jeans and shirt than before. Why had he taken a shower as well?

“What are we doing?” I quipped, crossing my arms over my chest.

“We’re going to a movie premiere,” he stated simply. My eyes grew wide, my jaw dropped, and my hands fell to my sides.

“And you’ve given me no time to prepare myself emotionally for this?!” I cried, though my question made virtually no sense.

“I just got the tickets last night. I wasn’t planning to go, but Brad Pitt is an acquaintance of mine, and he decided not to go.”

“What?!” I yelled. “You’re friends with Brad Pitt?!”

“Kaylyn, calm down. Yes, I am. But you need to get ready. Isabella will be here any minute to do your hair and make up.”

“When are we leaving?” I asked.

“Two and a half hours,” he responded. He threw the towel on the counter and started making a pot of coffee. “I’m taking you to dinner first.” I nodded in understanding, though I was still a little shell-shocked that I would be on display for the whole world in a short time. The doorbell rang, and Jack went to answer it. I heard him greet Isabella, and I walked into the foyer.