Chapter 9: "Freaky panther loving."

They ask a lot of questions in this chapter, so I hope you don't get bored with me saying asked, questioned, inquired so many times:P

**********

Chapter 9

I woke up the next day in an unusually good mood. I normally despised mornings, but it was the opposite for some unknown reason.

I quickly showered and got dressed, pleased to see my cheeks were barely swollen anymore. I ate a granola bar before driving to work, making it on time for once.

“Hey, Rosie,” I said as I walked with her to the back door.

“It’s gotten so much busier!” she cried. “We had to hire three more people!” I gaped at her.

“Seriously? We were doing fine with all the people last week…” I trailed off.

“About four times the people have been coming,” she said, her eyebrows raised as she unlocked the back door. “I like your shirt, by the way.”

I looked down, noticing I was wearing one of my all time favorite shirts. It had all the characters from Sesame Street, and said ‘All my homies live on the street.’

“Yeah, it’s a pretty fly shirt, isn’t it?” I said with a smirk. We stepped into the shop and Rosie closed the door behind us. The once huge and spacious store seemed smaller, with a few more racks added here and there.

“We have more restocking before we open,” she said. I groaned. That was my least favorite thing to do. Usually it was once a week, but we’d gotten so much more business.

“I’m so glad we get the weekends off,” I said as I opened up a cardboard box. I started tagging all the clothes, then putting them on hangers. I got to one dress, and a huge smile stretched across my face.

“Why so serious?” Rosie teased, folding a pair of shorts.

“Can I buy this one for myself?” I asked, biting my bottom lip as I could barely contain my excitement.

“Where would you wear that?” she asked, looking at it.

“I think I have an idea,” I said slyly. She rolled her eyes.

“You realize it’s three hundred dollars, right?” she questioned. I shrugged. I could always make Jack reimburse me for it.

“I’ll get it,” I said and skipped off to the register, buying it. I carefully folded it and put it in a bag, then stashed it away in my purse. I went back to tagging all the new clothes.

“What did you do on your days off?” she asked conversationally. My face reddened as I thought about how I’d spent every day with Jack.

“Umm…I stayed home and watched tv,” I mumbled quickly. Rosie smirked.

“I saw the pictures of you and Jack online,” she said.

“Seriously?” I groaned. “Which ones were they?”

“The carnival, after that, a few from Tuesday too,” she said, thinking back. “Oh, and one from Wednesday.” My face turned into a bright red tomato as I remembered that we’d been swimming that day.

“I still hate him,” I said sternly, looking down at the shirt I was tagging.

“Sure you do,” Rosie said, unconvinced.

“I do!” I cried, throwing my hands up. Then I sighed, taking a deep breath as I tried to calm myself. “I can barely stand to be near him.”

“I could tell in that picture where you were asleep on his shoulder,” she stated. My throat felt like it closed up. How in the world of flying pigs did someone manage a picture of that?!