Chapter 5: "WHERE. IS. WALDO?!"

I have the sudden urge to recommend the song Sail by AWOLNATION. (Yes, it's in all caps like that.) It's on the side. But, when I listen it I always end up raping the replay button. You've been warned..XD

**********

Chapter 5

I woke up to yelling.

“Ohhhh, Kayyyylynnnn, it’s time to wake uuuppp!”

I stumbled out of my bed, about to fall off of it anyways. I walked to the wall next to the door and pressed the call button on the intercom.

“Five more minutes,” I mumbled and walked back to my bed. By the time I was curled up into a comfy ball, my door opened.

“Kaylyn! Wake up!”

“Shut up, Aladdin.”

“Waaakkkeee uuuppp!”

“I told you, Benny, I don’t want to hear about you and the jets!”

“Kaylyn, just wake up!”

I don’t like you like that, you stupid lamp!”

Silence.

All of a sudden, my body was trembling. A blood-curdling scream escaped my lips.

“God, Kaylyn, it’s just me!”

I slowly cracked open one eye and saw it was, indeed, Jack.

“Oh. You’re not Aladdin.”

“Naw, really?” he replied sarcastically.

“No need to be rude about it,” I grumbled. “Let me go back to sleep.”

“No,” he said sternly. I glared at him. “It’s noon. You have to go to the dentist in an hour. And you’re still wearing your clothes from yesterday.” He paused. “Even your shoes.”

“I don’t wanna go,” I whined, pulling a pillow to my chest and hugging it.

“Kaylyn,” Jack warned, scolding me.

“Fine! I’m up!” I cried, groggily climbing out of my bed.

“Good,” he said, proud of himself for getting me up. “Now go take a shower and get dressed. You have twenty five minutes.”

“Ugh,” I groaned. “It’s too early for this.”

“You realize you wake up earlier than this every day for work, right?” he asked, smirking.

“Well, yesterday I slept until eleven thirty,” I stated matter-of-factly, poking his hard chest with every word.

“So you were late,” he said, still smirking.

“Maybe just a little . . .” I admitted.

“Or a lot,” he said, an adorable half smile on his face. “Now go get ready.”

I walked to my closet and took out a pair of jean shorts and a plain white shirt, expecting Jack to leave.

“Aren’t you going to, ya know, skedaddle?” I asked. He chuckled and turned around, leaving the room. I took a quick shower then dressed in my clean clothes. I left my room to see Jack sitting on one of the bottom stairs.

I jumped down them, feeling oddly hyper since I was fully awake.

“Let’s go!” I yelled in his ear, making him jump at least a foot.

“Jeez, Kaylyn, scare the crap out of me, why don’t cha!” he said sarcastically. I stuck my tongue out at him and went outside through the front door. I assumed he was following and went to his car, parked in the driveway.